Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farewll Kettering Town

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Given that, at the time of writing, Gareth Bale has earned £10,030 since lunchtime, football really is a crap business sometimes.

Amazing to think he could donate just a fifth of his wages from one week and save a football club which has been going for 140 years. I get the feeling he won't, though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe even if some of the premiershite clubs banded together mind you they normally suck the last drop of blood from the stone so maybe not eh

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have been to the old Rockingham Road ground to watch them in the Conference - just once ...it was pretty rough even then when they lived in the shadow of then moneybags Rushden & Diamonds...It is sad to see a club go, but the well run ones survive and progress at the expense of those that have not been run

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sean Dyche, the Burnley manager, was born in Kettering. How the hell does he not dip his hand into his pocket to save the club of his hometown?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Everything Gazza touches goes to shit

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Everything Gazza touches goes to shit

Maybe Gazza could help them out - or has he spent all his dosh on booze?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Believe they were the first team to have shirt sponsorship back in the 1970s

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That's bloody terrible. The ridiculous levels of financial disparity between the so-called elite & football's root & branch clubs is nothing short of abhorrent. Sadly unless the governing bodies do something - and soon: the plight of Kettering Town will become an all too familiar scenario. Out of existence for being 58 thousand quid in debt eh? Football should hang it's collective heads in shame. :nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't recall anyone reaching out to save Aldershot, Maidstone, Third Lanark etc, when they went tits up. Spare me the hypocritical whinging. Nothing has changed, except perhaps the armchair sentimentality, which is clearly worse.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here