Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Replacement Macbook Pro Charger

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I need to buy a replacement charger for my Macbook Pro (2007 model), just wondering if anyone has purchased a decent non Apple charger?

My old one (which snapped) looked like this:
apple-magsafe-2-power-adapter-for-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-85w.jpg

I've heard some bad stories of non Apple products frying the batteries, but if there are some good ones out there I'd rather not shellout £60 for a genuine one.

Cheers!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I've used non-Apple power supplies with success, but have never found a decent OEM battery for mine. (Mid-1009 MacBook...)

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I just searched on eBay and found one for my MBP.
I've had it a year. No problems with it.
I can't remember off hand what seller, but I'll check later on.

I guess it just about making sure it seems like a busy and longstanding seller.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5919354 said:
Any chance you can remember what brand it was or where you bought it from? Cheers

I've found the "moody" ones from the far east last longer than the Apple ones. I had an Apple one get so hot it melted the casing.

I've recently bought a couple from these guys and they've got them to me promptly and so far so good.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/every_laptop_accessory_uk

Think I paid about £17 a pop.

Edit: Just noticed they aren't selling anything at the moment. I'm sure someone else on eBay will be able to help though.

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam
I *might* have an old one at home. My Macbook Logic Board died and I may have kept the power supply. It wasn't a Pro though, it was the White MacBook from around 2007. If you check the Voltage/Ampage (or whatever) that is written on the plug, I will check against mine (assuming I still have it) . If it's the same, and you're interested, you can have it. Problem is I'm in the Netherlands, but doubt it'll cost too much to get to you.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Other thing to add is if you are thinking of buying an official one then take the old one to the Mac Store and they'll sell you an OEM one for £40 (I think). Basically it's a new one but they won't give you any warranty.

Like I said though, I've found the unofficial ones to be more reliable. That might be because I've got a MBP and MB and just use the same one for both though.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
They charge really slowly and the wire splits really quickly. Just really bad quality. You'll end up replacing the moody ones and shelling out more in the long run. I would definitely recommend investing in the real deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here