Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unofficial Transfer Deadline Day thread - *WARNING* likely to be prem heavy

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seems appropriate to have one thread for the most fun/silly day on the footy.

So Bale GONE
Arsenal bid £40m+ for Ozil. Rumoured to be in for Di Maria, Hernandez, Viviano and more.
Man United still looking to make a signing
Chelsea linked with another striker. Surely not another Rooney bid?
Stoke complete deal for Arnautovic
Everton look to pay around £12m+ for James McCarthy.

And finally...will Odemingie finally move from WBA!?

Interesting day ahead

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpgim dreading today in case we lose some players and I can't stand all that shit on sky sports news all day and night trying to make transfer deadline day exciting so I'm hiding away today and Mrs Soprano has got the keys to untie me just after midnight tonight when it's all over, see you all tomorrow:salute:

View attachment 46654im dreading today in case we lose some players and I can't stand all that shit on sky sports news all day and night trying to make transfer deadline day exciting so I'm hiding away today and Mrs Soprano has got the keys to untie me just after midnight tonight when it's all over, see you all tomorrow:salute:

It is very telling that she is going to wait for over an hour after the deadline closes before releasing you !

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Will be interesting to see whether Man Utd stump up the cash to force Everton to release Felleini and Baines. Thing is, has it left them too late to replace them or do they have deals already lined up just in case?

God, I LOVE TDD.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
AC Milan have signed Kaka from Real Madrid, the Brazilian forward returning to his former club.

From BBC:
The Gunners are also working on a number of other deals - they have registered an interest in signing 19-year-old Germany attacking midfielder Julian Draxler from Schalke and have not called off the pursuit of Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

"Real Madrid winger Angel di Maria and striker Karim Benzema are both players Arsenal would like to sign, while Palermo goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano is likely to join and his team-mate Abel Hernandez, the Uruguay striker, has also been linked.

Mejona's predictions?

West Brom to sign at least 4. Arsenal to bag 3 including Ozil.
Chelsea to get a striker. United to sign Baines but not Felleini.
Madrid make a last minute offer for Suarez.

Now watch as none of these things happen.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The real question is will Natalie Sawyer be looking mighty fine in that yellow dress mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Liverpool spend £25m (combined) on two deals. Sakho (very highly rated) and Llori (know very little about him).

Norwich and co and tracking QUAGLIARELLA. That would be a lovely signing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The real question is will Natalie Sawyer be looking mighty fine in that yellow dress mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's not a question even worth debating.

I genuinly love her. It's beyond 'attracted to'.

Much in the same way I think I'm genuinely in love with Rachel Stevens.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what happend to the Barry to Arsenal rumour of a few weeks ago? precisly what they need in midfield (they should have gone in for him 4 years ago and they'd probably won some silverware). i see there's interest from Everton but cant see they can afford the wages, while Arsenal could easily afford a fee, wages and offer Champions League.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
what happend to the Barry to Arsenal rumour of a few weeks ago? precisly what they need in midfield (they should have gone in for him 4 years ago and they'd probably won some silverware). i see there's interest from Everton but cant see they can afford the wages, while Arsenal could easily afford a fee, wages and offer Champions League.

Would be reminiscent of the time they signed David Platt about four years too late.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Rumours from Marca are Ozil to Arsenal is a no go.

United are now understood to have 'contacted Ozil's people'.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I see Cameron Jerome is available with Reading and Wigan after him. Could do a job for us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

They re-signed Mathew Flamini instead.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here