Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waterproof coat advice

parf

Aug 9, 2006
chard somerset
Hi
Looking at getting decent light waterproof coat for walking the dog
More worried about sweating inside than getting wet from outside (I get hot easily!!!)
Looking to spend up to £100 and like north face hyvent or gore tex paclite but neither have a lining
Any advice welcome

Cheers

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hi
More worried about sweating inside than getting wet from outside (I get hot easily!!!)
Looking to spend up to £100 and like north face hyvent or gore tex paclite but neither have a lining
Any advice welcome

Cheers

Get one with a hood.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Hi
Any advice welcome

Cheers

Get a Barbour original wax. I picked up a nearly new on ebay for about that price. Coat for life and light weight. Go to Scats at Billingshurst and try one on first as sizings are funny. You wont regret it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have got a North Face with a fleece lining that unzips and comes out, also has a mesh lining.
Very good coat but i think it cost over £100, but i have had it ages and still very waterproof.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I find these ones are reasonably priced image.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
Hi
Any advice welcome

Cheers
Fjall raven all day long, you can buy wax from them to waterproof the material to your requirements ,( garments come pre waxed )the real deal :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Withdean poncho - available in blue or white. Exactly 100 quid below your budget if you attended matches in the rain.

Another vote for Barbour

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You want Goretex.

It will cost, though!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Nikwax Analogy is the fabric you want

It is made of lots of little tubes, that actually suck moisture away from your body, and outwards away from the jacket

And it is waterproof and windproof :)

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Withdean poncho - available in blue or white. Exactly 100 quid below your budget if you attended matches in the rain.

Another vote for Barbour

Barbour out!

(well, somebody had to...) :dunce:

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
North face tri climate. Fleece or water proof or both together. 3 jackets 1 price. Will cost about £130-£140 but divided by 3 is in budget and will last you years.

However. You are probably paying a premium for the name. For a slightly higher price but superior quality you want Rab. Seriously good stuff

Unless you want it for actual trekking or mountaineering though I wound go for North face. It looks good and works well. Happy balance.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Jesus Christ, all we need is "how to wipe my arse advice". How do people manage, really?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I got a berghaus effort. Fecking thing leaks like a sieve.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Jesus Christ, all we need is "how to wipe my arse advice". How do people manage, really?

There are 1000's of coats available so asking some advice before you spend £100 is quite sensible I think. Someone upset you today? Or are you actually looking for advice on how to wipe your arse but too shy to ask?
I hear you should wipe front to back so not to get your fa**y dirty

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I got a berghaus effort. Fecking thing leaks like a sieve.

All is not lost. Buy nikwax on eBay for a few quid. Wash your jacket in it and it will be perfectly waterproof for another year. Repeat yearly and you will be leak free!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here