Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*English Rugby Union Season-Official Thread*

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I know there are some Fans Of The Egg on NSC

I thought it may be a good idea to start a thread that rugger fans can contribute to over the season and enjoy reading.

It will either work or it won't but hey ho.

Come on you Quins !

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I know there are some Fans Of The Egg on NSC

I thought it may be a good idea to start a thread that rugger fans can contribute to over the season and enjoy reading.

It will either work or it won't but hey ho.

Come on you Quins !

Alternatively I'm sure there are many other forums designed especially for our egg chasing friends.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Alternatively I'm sure there are many other forums designed especially for our egg chasing friends.

There are also forums to talk about food, films, politics , Palace, the Premier League, England. Maybe if you could share with us the allowed topics that would help

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Anyway, i'm off to Twickenham on Saturday to see the london Double-header. Don't support any of the teams but you always get some entertaining rugby for £20odd for two games it's great value for money and a good day out

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Anyway, i'm off to Twickenham on Saturday to see the london Double-header. Don't support any of the teams but you always get some entertaining rugby for £20odd for two games it's great value for money and a good day out

Yeah, I'm there for the second match, Quins v Wasps. Half the crowd are generally quite drunk by then.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Really looking forward to this weekend. Kicking off with Bath on BT Sport on Friday night, and then playing my first game of the season on Saturday afternoon.

What do you all make of the new scrum engagement variations? I have watched a few top14 matches over the last 2 weeks and I like them - there seems to be a lot less fannying around at the scrums. The only downside is that it has become a little easier for the defending team, as they can mount an 8 man push whereas the attacking team hooker is busy hooking.

I don't think Bath will make the top 4 this season, but I am looking forward to seeing the young backs they have bought in.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Really looking forward to this weekend. Kicking off with Bath on BT Sport on Friday night, and then playing my first game of the season on Saturday afternoon.

What do you all make of the new scrum engagement variations? I have watched a few top14 matches over the last 2 weeks and I like them - there seems to be a lot less fannying around at the scrums. The only downside is that it has become a little easier for the defending team, as they can mount an 8 man push whereas the attacking team hooker is busy hooking.

I don't think Bath will make the top 4 this season, but I am looking forward to seeing the young backs they have bought in.

George Ford is down at Bath now, I seem to remember. As for the new scrum rules, I haven't seen them in action. Should be able to cast a verdict Friday night.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Yeah, I'm there for the second match, Quins v Wasps. Half the crowd are generally quite drunk by then.

The Quins v Wasps last year was the best game i've ever seen, incredible. We left just after half time in the second games (Irish - Saracens) as I was drunk and it was the worst game i'd ever seen

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick

I've stopped going to the Double Header mainly because 50% of the fans in the stadium have little interest in what's happening at the time. I prefer it when my team (Quins) is on first so I can watch them and then go home. It's a bit like Brighton playing Palace at Wembley with the stadium half full of Charlton and Millwall fans waiting for their teams to play later.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm expecting a decent season from Bath this year - George Ford is a very shrewd signing if he is given the necessary game time to develop properly. Saints replacing Mujati with Corbisiero is a great move; their pack will be decent again this year.

As a Tigers fan, I think we've strengthened sensibly.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I've stopped going to the Double Header mainly because 50% of the fans in the stadium have little interest in what's happening at the time. I prefer it when my team (Quins) is on first so I can watch them and then go home. It's a bit like Brighton playing Palace at Wembley with the stadium half full of Charlton and Millwall fans waiting for their teams to play later.

Twas the same for me. But I didn't want to miss Quins this year. I yearning for some rugger.

I hear Quins are preferring not to be part of the Double Header. Whether that happens or not we'll have to see.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
At the age of 50....I played my last game at 48, so my current involvement in the game is propping the bar up at hone first team games when there isn't a viable Albion games, and attending HQ for one Autumn game (Aus this year) and one six nations game (Wales).....tickets permitting, but usually no problem through my club.

New laws???.... As a non player now, I don't care tbh.....as a scrum half, scrum laws are not too much for me to be interested in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here