Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Story of the Jews - BBC2

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it Judaism is as complicated as Sharma is making it out to be.
Although in fairness I'm not giving it 100% attention.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bollocks - I thought it was on tomorrow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bollocks - I thought it was on tomorrow.
Talk of an ancient Jew attempting a reverse circumcision 'with weights and pulleys' won't be missed.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Found it quite hard to follow..A level history stuff.

Loved Regeh Omar's story of Mohammed last year - bit more of an idiot's guide for people like me, very enlightening and eye opening.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Found it quite hard to follow..A level history stuff.
I'm glad it wasn't just me.
I might give it another go later in the week, and pay a lot more attention, as it did all seem very interesting.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I saw a jewish bloke get knocked down by a bus yesterday , I raced over, put my coat underneath his head and asked if he was comfortable ? He replied............... "I make a living ", I'll get my coat.

Dandyman

In London village.
Very religion based last night - it'll be interesting to see what he has to say about 19th-21st century secular Jewish life.

Dandyman

In London village.
I watched this ..........very interesting too. I guess the ancient history had to be religion focused . I learned a bit...BTW all that tradition and ritual would never suit me

I'd agree up to a point but there are some interesting issues about the diaspora and when, why and where people went to.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Very religion based last night - it'll be interesting to see what he has to say about 19th-21st century secular Jewish life.

I think out of all the stereotypes, the Jewish one is probably the most accurate.

Dandyman

In London village.
Fancy that, I mean with the title of the show and everything I thought it might be about peanut butter or something.

It's the History of the Jews not the history of Judaism. There is a difference.

Dandyman

In London village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here