Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton members don't have it so bad.... (Arsenal)

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
All the talk previously about booking fees etc, thought id share this here, and I've never experienced anything like this with Albion or even Arsenal prior to this season.

Just tried to book a ticket for Arsenal vs Stoke in 3 weeks time. I'm a paid up member, pay £30 a year for the privilege, and have a membership 'entry card' type thing.

Booked my ticket, £2.10 booking fee, fair enough, pretty normal. But then £2.20 postage? What?

Just called them

As I've booked 'outside the membership window, and tickets are now available to family and friends, I must now pay for a paper ticket to be sent out"

I asked if they could just load onto my card as there's a whole three weeks before the game. They said no. Bloody ridiculous.

I guess Barber isn't the worst chairman around after all!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Take your complaints to the arsenal message board :facepalm: this one's for Brighton fans :facepalm:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
What I'm saying is with booking fee's and **** theres a lot worse Barber could do to drain money out of fans going to the Amex! I just hope he's not reading this and getting ideas.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
All the talk previously about booking fees etc, thought id share this here, and I've never experienced anything like this with Albion or even Arsenal prior to this season.

Just tried to book a ticket for Arsenal vs Stoke in 3 weeks time. I'm a paid up member, pay £30 a year for the privilege, and have a membership 'entry card' type thing.

Booked my ticket, £2.10 booking fee, fair enough, pretty normal. But then £2.20 postage? What?

Just called them

As I've booked 'outside the membership window, and tickets are now available to family and friends, I must now pay for a paper ticket to be sent out"

I asked if they could just load onto my card as there's a whole three weeks before the game. They said no. Bloody ridiculous.

I guess Barber isn't the worst chairman around after all!
Are you for real if you are don't bother

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I'm saying is with booking fee's and **** theres a lot worse Barber could do to drain money out of fans going to the Amex! I just hope he's not reading this and getting ideas.

And what I'm saying is, Barber is not our chairman.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Sorry, drunken choice of words. I know Bloom is chairman, but Barber still makes a lot of the financial decisions.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry, drunken choice of words. I know Bloom is chairman, but Barber still makes a lot of the financial decisions.

Fair comment.

On that the subject of booze, how much is a pint at The Emirates?

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
As far as I recall it's over £4. Think a pint of Carlsberg (!) or a bottle of some random cider is about £4.80? Nice cider though. Shocking prices, went to Dusseldorf against Bochum last weekend, a pint there was 3.80 euros (with a 1 euro refundable deposit for the plastic cup!)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Years ago I saw Fortuna Dusseldorf V Borrusia Monchengladbach at the Rheinstadium. Gutted they went down last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here