Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League show - what push?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just watched our disallowed goal several times. I may be biased but that goal looked fine to me!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I haven't seen the replay yet but nothing looked averse to me when it happened. There is so much tugging and pushing which is completely ignored in football

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
He looked like he went flying when he was pushed! But there was a push, I watched it twice before I realised.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Both hands on the defenders back, hard to tell how much contact he really made but it looked like a push to me..

Just watched it again. Seems harsh to me.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
very harsh, defender makes a meal of it

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sad, I know, but I would like some sort of definitive experiment to investigate that sort of push.

At the moment, it is a carte blanche to fly forward if you feel one/two hands on your back. These guys are big athletes. It would take quite a shove to be a worthwhile foul.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although had it been on Greer in front of the North, it would have been a cast iron foul and probably a sending off.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
My test is always "would it have been a penalty if the defender was pushing?". The answer to that in this case is "not a chance in hell". Ref' would have just motioned for the over-reacting Jessie to get up and get on with it.
So IMHO should have stood as a goal.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I felt the ref was a little bit inconsistencies in his decision in the first half if our two fouls were bookings what were some of the Millwall fouls and the blatant time wasting , also I felt we made enough chances to win in the second half. Lets be pleased we got something from the game. Lets move on and keep getting behind the team ,I will judge our team at the end of the season. Oh best attendance in the championship.:albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here