Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Division is Crazy

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I presume most people on here were at the Burnley game last week and saw that they were, at best, a bit shit.
They currently sit in third position in the Championship.

Mad division.

D

Deleted member 18477

Forget Burnley!

Blackpool are top and Bolton are bottom!!!!

Long way to go... Crazy start though.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Blackpool may do OK, but Bolton at the foot is just as mad!

Still early days though, they were just above the relegation zone when we played them at the Amex last year and look how they finished, we were good but they were THE in-form side!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bolton won't stay bottom and Blackpool were always going to do well. Leicester are surprisingly wobbly though.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yeah I remember thinking that they were much lower than I expected, and then they went on a great run.
Tough division this.

D

Deleted member 18477

Bolton won't stay bottom and Blackpool were always going to do well. Leicester are surprisingly wobbly though.

I didn't expect anything more than a mid table finish for Blackpool... Like I said long way to go but they could be this seasons real surprise package...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We're currently in 13th, if the ball hadn't been cleared off the line in the 93rd minute we'd have been 6th fine margins once again in a league of 24 average teams again no one superior (well maybe QPR)but apart from that anyone can get close to a top 6 finish in this league

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You don't have to be crazy to play here, but it helps.

Also: It's too early to draw any conclusions.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

This!

And I expect there will be some crazy results later on in the season, when the bottom teams win matches against the top teams, a.l.a. last season ???

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
PHP:
Even though its early days the table, with a few exceptions, is taking form, broadly rather than precise positions. Above us I'd say only B'muff and maybe Blackpool and Burnley look out of place and below us only Bolton.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

It's definitely not too early to see that if we keep our current midfield the way it is we will lose a lot more than we win. Heaven forbid if ulloa gets injured.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I love this division, so competitive and so unpredictable.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It's definitely not too early to see that if we keep our current midfield the way it is we will lose a lot more than we win. Heaven forbid if ulloa gets injured.

We've won two and lost two, so what exactly do you base that on?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We've won two and lost two, so what exactly do you base that on?

so i'm 1 loss away from being correct then.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, far from it, but I think we lack pace and power in midfield and agustein and crofts are easy to play against. That said, once we get players back from injury there's no way that midfield will remain the same.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here