Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Tannoy

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It was my first game of the season today. I sit in the middle part of the East Upper. It was noticeable that the announcements on the tannoy was far more unclear than last season. I'm not sure what's been altered but it was difficult to hear what was being said.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I posted last week about poor sound in centre of WSU. Must say it was much better this week. Could actually hear announcements etc..

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Definitely more muffled than it used to me. No loss missing what is usually a load of banal waffle. All the Fanzone stuff is so old hat now anyway.

Humpy Bong

Aug 26, 2012
It was my first game of the season today. I sit in the middle part of the East Upper. It was noticeable that the announcements on the tannoy was far more unclear than last season. I'm not sure what's been altered but it was difficult to hear what was being said.
Funny, it's been terrible from the North Stand for a while. Was much better yesterday - could even hear Alan Mullery. Maybe they stole a speaker from the East and put it in the North?!

Can't understand why it's so difficult to get this little detail right.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I have done North Bad, West Lower Bad, and yesterday 1901 really good, that's maybe where all the costs on food are going!!!!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
From the North I can barely make out anything that's said. Much worse than last season. Too loud?

Maybe the speakers are located in the wrong areas. As we are north H
we can not hear anything. We could not see any speakers around. But on having sat in the east stand and west you can tell the difference and you can hear ok.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There were no (or few) complaints last season so seems like another thing that was going OK so they decided to change it.,

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Maybe the speakers are located in the wrong areas. As we are north H
we can not hear anything. We could not see any speakers around. But on having sat in the east stand and west you can tell the difference and you can hear ok.

this week i'm planting camellias cos the bears have nicked my beakers and shat on a beast from the west , can i smell the fence....no way...:moo:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's like people when they say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name.

tumblr_l3c6j9VOw91qc3x10o1_500.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a uniquely British thing, all tannoys are either set to maximum ear bleeding volume or are so crackley and muffled to make any announcement garbled and indecipherable.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I posted last week about poor sound in centre of WSU. Must say it was much better this week. Could actually hear announcements etc..

Agreed. I reported this to Ask the Club, and within a week it's fixed. Well done .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Agreed. I reported this to Ask the Club, and within a week it's fixed. Well done .
Yes, brilliant. All they need to do now is play SBTS correctly and they will be achieving something like competence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here