Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has gone wrong with Spanish Dave?

D

Deleted member 18477

Yea man! What does spanish Dave actually do??

Oh thats right... score a freekick against Palace!

And penalties and other delightful goals... creates for others... can play in a number of positions!

Spanish Dave will come good again! Long old season...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He hasn't had any pre season and yes we are obvious playing a different style of football. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Glad someone said it! Give him a few weeks, then I'm sure we'll see the best of him again.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'd agree his corners and set pieces were shocking today but I thought his passing wasn't as bad as some are making out. A few stray passes but no worse than most of the team. Nowhere near his usual form though, just needs more time.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
His form seems to be mirroring his form at this time last season. I'm hopeful that it is down to lack of pre-season. There are some managers that would drop Dave and give him a 'mini pre-season'. Unfortunately, given the other injuries in the squad, Oscar probably won't have this option until the international break.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Even his free kicks and corners aren't getting past the first man.

They didn't last season that often. I am pleased he is back as he is potentially a good squad player nothing more. Good at pens, direct free-kicks threaten as well, but indirect free-kicks (crosses) and corners, not that good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here