Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has gone wrong with Spanish Dave?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Same as he was at the start of last season, I think (hope) he's still catching up with fitness.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He hasn't had any pre season and yes we are obvious playing a different style of football. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Should change his name:

Dave from Spain

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Same as last season, nothing to read here.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
All the above is true but the whole team were crap in the first half.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He hasn't had any pre season and yes we are obvious playing a different style of football. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I agree with your sentiment that form is temporary although I don't agree that a variation in style should affect basic skills. Today, apart from a 5 minute spell, he had a shocker with rubbish crosses and underhit passes. Last week his crossing was also continually very poor. Let's hope he can show his class soon as he was rightly subbed at half time today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nothing wrong with him, in a months time you will regret this thread.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree with your sentiment that form is temporary although I don't agree that a variation in style should affect basic skills. Today, apart from a 5 minute spell, he had a shocker with rubbish crosses and underhit passes. Last week his crossing was also continually very poor. Let's hope he can show his class soon as he was rightly subbed at half time today.

Completely agree, I thought he was awful today. I think he'll be able to turn it around though as I remember a very similar situation last season. Let's hope anyway!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I notice the Bolton game has been designated Spanish Day. This should inspire him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here