Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have Bolton loaned us Andrews?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not wishing to jump the gun but he seems like a decent player, can't understand that one. Their season hasn't started off brilliantly either.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Not wishing to jump the gun but he seems like a decent player, can't understand that one. Their season hasn't started off brilliantly either.

One of their highest earners and needed to clear some of their wage bill to pay for Spearing.

D

Deleted member 18477

One of their highest earners and needed to clear some of their wage bill to pay for Spearing.

Is that the Spearing who's helped guide them to bottom of the table? Spearing isn't very good.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
His face didn't fit. Looks a great signing, Burke pulled one out there.

Now then, about this striker we clearly need...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Are we paying his full wages then?

I'm lead to believe that when a player joins on loan the receiving club contribute roughly their average salary towards said players wages.

Stops disharmony within a squad if you bring in players from higher leagues and pay them a lot more than your existing squad.

For example I was told that we paid approx. £10k of Bridge's reported £90k a week last season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm lead to believe that when a player joins on loan the receiving club contribute roughly their average salary towards said players wages.

Stops disharmony within a squad if you bring in players from higher leagues and pay them a lot more than your existing squad.

For example I was told that we paid approx. £10k of Bridge's reported £90k a week last season.

Spot on for Bridge and, what I'd imagine is, pretty much nail on the head about other loanees. Good posting.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Makes sense.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Aha insight. Good post.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Andrews had started yesterday we would have won the game. That's no disrespect to Ince who I think is a fantastic prospect. But Millwall came with one intention yesterday and it was a game for old heads. That's not saying I think Garcia dropped a bollock because I think you should keep a winning side, so it was a tough call. But Andrews should have edged it for me, but then everyone is wise after the event.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here