Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon ?

Am I the only one who thinks he needs resting ?

Too many opponents crosses come in from his side plus the last three league goals we have conceded at The Amex have been down the right. He also seems to now lack the ability to bomb forward and create.

The big worry at the start of the season was replacing Bridge at left back but I think we have that covered, the right back slot is the problem.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He gets forward enough but what sort of protection does he get in front of him at the mo. Lopez...... Yeah right.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks he needs resting ?

Too many opponents crosses come in from his side plus the last three league goals we have conceded at The Amex have been down the right. He also seems to now lack the ability to bomb forward and create.

The big worry at the start of the season was replacing Bridge at left back but I think we have that covered, the right back slot is the problem.

Thought he was brilliant today.

But out of interest, who would you play at RB instead? A limping Bruno? Out of position and inexperienced Chicken and Maxi? You have to remember that Bruno, however poor his form has been for a while, is first choice RB and when he's back, Calderon will presumably be back on the bench.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Two weeks off now. I think he'll be sufficiently 'rested' by then. Would be good to have Bruno back otherwise he doesn't face much competition at RB.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
the BIG question is...why did he change his boots at half time? (first half orange, second white)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I thought Calde was one of the few wholehearted displays today. Despite having a mare the other day, I really miss Wayne Bridge's runs down the wing. I thought Ward looked less impressive than in recent matches.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
as previously posted by Hugo Rune said, great bloke - although Leeds away goal came from his side also - although he was playing left back!!

Still very much admire the guy with all he does.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Calde good, Ward solid. No complaints here, he was 2v1 for the goal, so always going to be tough

Balderdash. Calde played well today and excellently last week.

Unfortunately I disagree. Their goal was a carbon copy of Derby's first - Calde out of position and Upson unable to get across to block. A decent RB loan signing needed I think.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Left exposed for some of the goals we have conceded!.Todays attacking move for goal came across our defence from left to right, could have been defended better by ALL! I like Greer but thought he eas toilet today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here