Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jumping tackles ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I cannot remember a game where I saw so many players pulling our of tackles. I,m not talking failing to track back I,m talking about bottling it in a 50/50. Buckley was the most guilty (in the lead up tp their goal an example) but Lopez wasn't far behind. Somehow I can accept it of Orlandi because he is just quality but the others pissed me off today.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Have to agree with you. Orlandi may have had an excuse!, although Buckley too light weight, Lopez again the same.
Good to see a winger Lua Lua get stuck in and win a 50/50 with Shitu.
Too be honest we are generally too light weight in most games, and I appreciate our style is pass and move, although some muscle is required at times to remind these sides we mean business. Without Bridders no real general.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have to agree with you. Orlandi may have had an excuse!, although Buckley too light weight, Lopez again the same.
Good to see a winger Lua Lua get stuck in and win a 50/50 with Shitu.
Too be honest we are generally too light weight in most games, and I appreciate our style is pass and move, although some muscle is required at times to remind these sides we mean business. Without Bridders no real general.

I know Buckley isn't going to become Vinnie Jones overnight but just to stop bottling it every few minutes.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I know Buckley isn't going to become Vinnie Jones overnight but just to stop bottling it every few minutes.

Maybe a few 1-1 tackling lessons with Bridders will sort him and some of the others out!! Love our style of play, although some more aggression and a little more urgency with the ball going forward, and we are there. Not much to ask!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Spanish Dave and Orlandi aren't exactly renowned either for their relish for a robust physical challenge , has to be said.

But Tom did it not annoy you today ? It did me. I know we need the ball players - I'm not a complete bellend - but Jesus some of the backing out of challenges was just not on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But Tom did it not annoy you today ? It did me. I know we need the ball players - I'm not a complete bellend - but Jesus some of the backing out of challenges was just not on.

For sure. It'll cost us dear in the end when teams realise they can just kick a couple of our players up in the air and render them ineffective. Same as it ever was in football tho eh?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For sure. It'll cost us dear in the end when teams realise they can just kick a couple of our players up in the air and render them ineffective. Same as it ever was in football tho eh?

Well if you let them kick you then I guess.......... Yes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here