[Official Site] Oscar Lauds Second Half Spirit

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1027260_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:35 31st August 2013
by Adam Tighe
In the second half we played with the right mentality and attitude; and we had chances to win the game in the last ten minutes"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia praised his team's second-half performance - after they rescued a point against Millwall - but wants his team to display the intensity they showed after the break for the entire 90 minutes.
Leonardo Ulloa’s 88th-minute strike gave the Seagulls a deserved 1-1 draw and Albion’s head coach was impressed with the character his side showed to fight back.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “In the second half we played with the right mentality and attitude; and we had chances to win the game in the last ten minutes.
“That is the way I want the team to play this season, but we have to improve on the first-half display, which was disappointing.
“We knew that Millwall came for a physical game and would be difficult to beat. After their goal we showed good spirit, we wanted to win the game.
*“It takes time, but I am really happy with the players. They understand what we are trying to do. We need to play the way we did after half-time for the entire 90 minutes.”
leonardo-ulloa-millwall-31aug13-ph-1641229-1027280.jpg

Oscar was also delighted to have Andrea Orlandi back, and the international break is a chance to get other players back to fitness.
“It was good to have Andrea back but we need the other injured players as soon as possible. Once we have a full squad then we will start to play in the way that we want.
“We need this international break to recover some of our injured players. The number of injuries is overwhelming, but that is the life of a head coach.
“No team has all of their players fit for all of the season. My hope is that when we do have all of the players fit enough then we can keep them this way until the end of the season.”
Meanwhile with deadline day this Monday, Oscar admits he is not expecting a busy period in the run up to the transfer window closing.
“I don’t know what will happen between now and Monday but at the moment there is nothing new. I don’t feel I need another striker, we just need the ones that we have got fit.
“We know that we can get loan players in from September and that maybe the route to increase our squad numbers.”
Oscar also confirmed Craig Mackail-Smith has suffered a setback in his rehabilitation, which may delay his return, but was unable to give a definitive date when he hopes to have last season's top scorer available.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here