Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti-Football

How many teams have come to the Amex in the last few seasons to simply cheat, foul and waste time? I am going to suggest about 90%, Its truly shocking sometimes how the Ref's let teams blatantly time waste and it seriously hampers my enjoyment of home games. Fair enough if your coming here to pack the midfield and sit behind the ball plus we didn't have the best of games today but my god it's becoming tedious now. When we truly click under Oscar, I cannot wait until we stuff teams like that. The league is simply full of time wasting hoof ball merchants.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Utterly disgusting today from Millwall - team and fans - revelling in their cheating. Couldn't have handled then winning.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Didn't think Millwall were much worse than a lot we've seen. But the sooner football introduces an independent timekeeper the better. We're short-changed every match. Watching the clock between the red on 75 mins and 85 mins, I doubt there was more than 4 mins of actual action. The rest all just play-acting and deliberately disruptive stoppages. Not to mention teams week-in, week-out time-wasting from the first minute. I'm sure we do it too if winning away but it's unfair on fans.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Totally agree with the first two comments, they set their stall out to waste time from the first whistle and it paid off for them, I think i would give up my season ticket if i had to watch us play like that. Just hope that we can learn to put sides like Millwall to the sword as too many seem to get a result when playing the way that they did today.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Simply embarrassing at times with the pinnacle being that fat moron in the millwall end keeping the ball TWICE when it went into the crowd

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well it backfired for them as Dunne of course got his first yellow in the 1st half for time wasting......only to get a 2nd yellow later on and get sent off.

You just knew they were going to time waste after just 30 seconds when 1 of their players stayed down longer than they needed to, the same thing a few minutes later too.

Timewasting the entire game - joke club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Simply embarrassing at times with the pinnacle being that fat moron in the millwall end keeping the ball TWICE when it went into the crowd

Quite. But what were the police doing when it happened a second time? Once a warning, but twice? Throw him out!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The one thing I love about Millwall is they never let me forget what a scummy, nasty, little tin pot club they are.

They did nothing to win today and if they continue in this fashion, they'll be relegated by March. Rotten club, rotten fans.

That said, the ref let them take the pi$$. Should have started getting the book out far earlier and how their 'keeper wasn't booked, I'll never know...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Utterly disgusting today from Millwall - team and fans - revelling in their cheating. Couldn't have handled then winning.

**** sake don't be so precious.

If Buckley learns to stand on his feet instead of pretending to be the reading kitson, who falls over when someone looks at him, we would have ripped them apart.

To be fair how many of the powderpoofs out there would have lasted 5 minutes against the likes of harris, hunter, bremner etc...

Also why is it every time one of our players fall over, we immediately yell for the nearest opposition player to be sent off..ffs...grow some balls

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

If Buckley learns to stand on his feet instead of pretending to be the reading kitson, who falls over when someone looks at him, we would have ripped them apart.

To be fair how many of the powderpoofs out there would have lasted 5 minutes against the likes of harris, hunter, bremner etc...

Also why is it every time one of our players fall over, we immediately yell for the nearest opposition player to be sent off..ffs...grow some balls

Sorry? Were you there? Ffs, they were time wasting from the kick off! Oscar Garcia had to run down the touchline, past the opposition manager and his assistants, to collect the ball when it was still 0-0. Grow some balls? Do one. We pay our money to watch a game of football, not waste our time watch the goalie slowly walk to the ball, walk back, place it, replace it, slowly walk back, stand and finally kick it. Fair enough if it's 1-0 and the last five minutes. But 90 minutes of that kind of cheating? And you're really happy with that? :facepalm:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

A couple of things. Firstly, this isn't 1970. Like it or not pretty much every time Buckley went down he was actually fouled. Secondly, I don't think many were yelling for straight reds, merely the foul and possibly a card after the 30th foul by the same player.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I blame the refs. At this level they seem to be almost universally inconsistent. Today it seemed that blatantly impeding players was ok. Eventually there was a booking for time wasting and that did lower the incidence of it, if only he had done that after 5 minutes the match could have been so much better.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Millwall were like a lot of teams last season, they got men behind the ball and made it very difficult to play through them. When this happens sometimes you have to resort to playing more direct and go back to basics.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Didn't think Millwall were much worse than a lot we've seen. But the sooner football introduces an independent timekeeper the better. We're short-changed every match. Watching the clock between the red on 75 mins and 85 mins, I doubt there was more than 4 mins of actual action. The rest all just play-acting and deliberately disruptive stoppages. Not to mention teams week-in, week-out time-wasting from the first minute. I'm sure we do it too if winning away but it's unfair on fans.

First and foremost its up to us to be good enough to break down teams who come to us with that mentality. Whinge all we want but we were shocking first half and Buckley had a made.

The pertinent point is perhaps as you suggest a seperate time keeper. Time wasting currently works hence why all teams do it. Even within the 5 mins extra played today the ref was obviously not stopping his watch.

And how about a return to the old rule where the keeper has to take the goal kick from the side where the ball went out. Currently the rule allows the farce of the keeper strolling to the other side to blatantly waste time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Did u not notice the blatant CHEATING and time wasting from the 20th minute. Was pathetic. The calls were because Once got booked for not much early on and the ref kept letting the I equally as bad / worse fouls go unpunished...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can someone confirm is it 6 or 7 seconds the keeper is allowed to have the ball in his hands for?

Foorde had it for 9-11 seconds several times. I think the crowd should start counting.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I thought the fans were OK.. Same as any other team except they were in good voice for parts of the game. The team on the other hand were an embarrassment. As already mentioned a lot of teams will kill the game but today was a joke. I don't recall watching a game where so little actual football was played.

Shame because if they had 'gone for it' they could have given us major problems and it would have been a decent game. We weren't clicking and they were definitely up for it when they did pile forward on the attack.

We seriously miss Bridcutt.

Can someone confirm is it 6 or 7 seconds the keeper is allowed to have the ball in his hands for?

Foorde had it for 9-11 seconds several times. I think the crowd should start counting.

I counted 31 seconds for one of there players to walk off the pitch. The worst offenders for this where always Cardiff. Good side yes, but they got into the Premier League sitting behind the ball and time wasting. Frazier Campbell openly said they would play behind the ball all game as if it is the norm to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here