Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was Leo's header disallowed for?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Pushing I think. Seemed to be what the ref was gesturing

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't look like a push by Leo. Maybe a push by someone else?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
it was about the only thing the ref did get right- what a muppet he was. Consistency certainly wasn't his middle name. Book Ince, let 3 scumwall players off with a warning:facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
the ref definitely gestured pushing. Whether there was any pushing, I'll leave for others to decide.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I thought the ref had a reasonable game and got most decisions right. Anyone knocking the ref is likely just frustrated at our inability to pass the ball for the first hour or so.
If it was a tennis match our number of unforced errors would have been huge.
Unfortunately Millwall scoring was what was needed to make something happen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought the ref had a reasonable game and got most decisions right. Anyone knocking the ref is likely just frustrated at our inability to pass the ball for the first hour or so.
If it was a tennis match our number of unforced errors would have been huge.
Unfortunately Millwall scoring was what was needed to make something happen.

Couldn't disagree more. His inability to clamp down on time wasting from the 20th minute, and then inconsistency in brandishing the yellow card was really poor. He did get our bookings right I believe, but when Buckley was scythed down in the first half, then when KLL was nearly chopped in two, and the guy went through Crofts not to award a yellow was ridiculous.

You could also throw in constant dissent by Chaplow, shittu and the ex Palace player, though maybe I'm being pernickety.....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thought ref was ok. Possibly let Shittu get away with being more physical than you'd normally see, but I think he got the yellow cards right. Both Ince's and Calde's were for fouling a player on a break. Didn't think the goal should've been disallowed at the time, but, from those who've seen replays, it sounds like he got that one right too.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
very soft decision and reckon if the other end of the pitch would not have given it. Gave the impression at times he was intimidated by millwall players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here