Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No ball boys?!

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Chasing a game 1 - 0 down and there are no ball boys. So brighton players running to get ball and wasting energy and time. Why the **** were there no ball boys!?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
They are there just not overly interested in retrieving the ball

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There was one in front of us in north end of west at least!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Chasing a game 1 - 0 down and there are no ball boys. So brighton players running to get ball and wasting energy and time. Why the **** were there no ball boys!?

I've always found this strange at the Amex, I thought the lack of ball boys was a ploy by Poyet to slow the game down, but they can be the 12th man.

Or ball girl.

North Stand Midget

Jan 9, 2012
hi i was a ballboy last year and the beginning of this year, but we all got sacked and we have been replaced with the academies ( SO WE THEY CAN GET USED TO A 30,000 SEATER ATMOSPHERE WHICH IS COMPLETE B*LL*CKS) and they do not have a clue what they were doing, so there you have it, we 12 ballboys who knew how to do it and replaced with academy players

WizzaWazza

Aug 22, 2013
this is true, i was also one of the unfortunate ballboys who were sacked. just before the burnley match with no acceptable reasoning. the ballboys had worked tirelessly every season, some had even done it for 7 years.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
hi i was a ballboy last year and the beginning of this year, but we all got sacked and we have been replaced with the academies ( SO WE THEY CAN GET USED TO A 30,000 SEATER ATMOSPHERE WHICH IS COMPLETE B*LL*CKS) and they do not have a clue what they were doing, so there you have it, we 12 ballboys who knew how to do it and replaced with academy players

Not that your bitter of anything ???

The difference is the club doesnt need to pay them - where as they need to pay you - simple as that, business is business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no idea why they wouldn't have always been academy players.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Change for changes sake, again
It's at the club spent some time thinking about MAKING money as opposed to changing & cutting costs. Do you TB made his £700m spending his time on irrelevancies?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not that your bitter of anything ???

The difference is the club doesnt need to pay them - where as they need to pay you - simple as that, business is business.

The ballboys weren't paid. Whilst is a clear case for involving Academy players in this way on match days the previous ballboys were apparently done away with according to the Preferred Albion Method, and naturally they're a bit hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here