Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS out till November now - picked up an ankle injury!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CMS Injury Setback

Really should have signed a striker.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Albion have been hit by a fresh injury blow.

Striker Craig Mackail-Smith has suffered an ankle injury during his recovery from a ruptured Achilles.

He was expected to return to action in October but is unlikely to be back in action now until mid-November.

Leo Ulloa is currently the only recognised senior striker available to the Seagulls ahead of the close of the August transfer window at 11pm on Monday.

Ashley Barnes has a short-term hip problem but Will Hoskins is a long-term casualty following a second operation on cruciate knee ligament damage.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Source - Argus

SO I should imagine we definitely be getting a loan striker in to cover for him till at least end of November.

We're not having much luck are we!

EDIT: Ignore this thread, BW's got there first...

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Bad news if source has accurate info. Need someone in sharpish. Not a panic buy or panic loan but somebody with some decent goal scoring credentials.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if I'll still be accused of panicking about our lack of a striker signing? Probably. This is NSC after all.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I wonder if I'll still be accused of panicking about our lack of a striker signing? Probably. This is NSC after all.

I would say you now have every right to be worried. Panic is a strong word. No need to panic until 23:59 on Monday!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A player to cover until CMS is back would be good if there is the right one available for the right price. Otherwise Barnes, Ulloa and the development squad guys will have to do.

I've said all along that a short-term loan (make that longer now) would be a reasonable way of managing our striker shortage. DS strikers not ready I'm afraid; not if we're serious about challenging anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would be a reasonable solution providing it is the right player. I would rather a development squad player covered on the bench and came on a bit than bringing in a player who wont fit with the system.

So would I if we had one that was capable. March is the nearest but is a wide man/striker more in the Buckley role. Barker is very similar to Jake Robinson and will probably follow the same route and finish up non league.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would wait for now and then see what forward we can get loaned in from a Premiership team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here