Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bizare meeting of an Albion Fan today.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Was in a quiet run down old mining town on the west coast of the south island NZ today minding my own, walking with my seven year old who was proudly wearing an Albion shirt when a van came to a sudden halt, out jumped a man and made a beeline for my little one, ready to knock him out but before I had the chance he said I thought I recognised the shirt and he shook my hand and we started to talking all things Albion. It made my day. First Albion fan I have met for two years it was great. Fellow NSCers has anyone else met Albion fans in places where you wouldn't expect. I didn't expect to meet many Albion fans 11692 miles away from home.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was in a quiet run down old mining town on the west coast of the south island NZ today minding my own, walking with my seven year old who was proudly wearing an Albion shirt when a van came to a sudden halt, out jumped a man and made a beeline for my little one, ready to knock him out but before I had the chance he said I thought I recognised the shirt and he shook my hand and we started to talking all things Albion. It made my day. First Albion fan I have met for two years it was great. Fellow NSCers has anyone else met Albion fans in places where you wouldn't expect. I didn't expect to meet many Albion fans 11692 miles away from home.

NSC stalwart Woodchip emigrated to NZ recently. Maybe it was him. Was he ginger?

BTW why would a man in a van want to knock out your seven year old? :moo:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
In that area of South Island I had my picture taken, wearing my Skint Albion shirt . It was in a tiny little place called.............Brighton.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
NSC stalwart Woodchip emigrated to NZ recently. Maybe it was him. Was he ginger?

I believe it was a grammatical error and that the OP was preparing to knock the man in the van out :thumbsup:

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta

I think he means he was about to knock out the potential weirdo in the van.

Nice story, OP. I love encounters like this.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Was working in Saudi Arabia in the early eighties. Went to a party on the Dhahran family complex and the host owned the newsagents on Portland Road by Scott Road. Not only that he employed my younger sister.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Not so far away...I was outside a Loch Ness boozer(famous for its whisky) the afternoon of our recent meeting with Birmingham when i saw a teenage boy wearing an Albion shirt. It was an impressive sight. Certainly a refreshing change from the usual Man Utd, Chelsea, Celtic bollocks. I did consider going over to have a chat with him and his family, but i thought better of it. My girlfriend could see i was itching to say something profound. Something along the lines of "Lovely weather ain't it? Up the Albion!" :albion2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I believe it was a grammatical error and that the OP was preparing to knock the man in the van out :thumbsup:

I believe he was actually gonna knock one out in the van.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Was in a small town in the middle of Canada a few years ago, wearing my Albion cap. Bloke comes running up to me all excited: "Are you a Seagulls Fan"? He'd been a student at Sussex Uni and had attended a few games at Withdean.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was in a small town in the middle of Canada a few years ago, wearing my Albion cap. Bloke comes running up to me all excited: "Are you a Seagulls Fan"? He'd been a student at Sussex Uni and had attended a few games at Withdean.

Did he knock one out in the vancouver area?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was in a godforsaken town called Columbus in Nebraska. It was the middle of winter and I was wearing a Brighton parka.whilst looking at the assault rifles in Walmart...the guy behind the counter was looking at me strangely then wandered up and says " howdy..you from Brighton.." His dad was a migrant to the US and hailed from Telscombe. The whole family supports the Albion.

On another occasion I was in the arctic circle in Northern Finland and was staying in a log cabin with a mixed group of Europeans. I was wearing a Palookaville top under my ski clothes and heard this British voice saying " there's even weeds up here" yes..two of my fellow adventurers were Palace.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

Not fans as such, but many years ago I used to run an annual school trip to Manchester and we took the kids to see Old Trafford. I always encourage the kids who DON'T support Utd to wear their own club's kits, and one year we had a handful of them in Brighton kits on the tour and a couple of Argus reporters came over and talked to them...

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck

Was it Shantytown just outside Greymouth? If so Mrs Lanky and I were there two weeks ago!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here