Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad Depth is Pretty Good

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
After reading the tea leaves and it looking like there are no plans to strengthen the squad before the transfer deadline, I thought I would look at just how much depth we have. And I was pleasantly surprised. I can see why we may be planning to stick with what we have.

For the sake of argument, let's start with a first team of:
PIG
Calde, Greer, Upson, Ward
Bridcutt
Andrews Agustien Orlandi
Ulloa Buckley

That leaves a potential second team of

Ankegren
Bruno, Dunk, El Abd, Maksi
Ince
Dave Crofts
KLL CMS Barnes

There's only one or two there who I'd be worried about if they had to get an extended run in the team.

And Hoskins, JFC, March, Chicksen and Brez don't make either team.

I know we have a short term striker problem, but under FPP I don't think we can waste money on any new squad players unless they are good enough to be first team regulars. And if we do get a long term injury to PIG or Ward, we can bring someone in then.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Once you exclude Bridcutt, Orlandi, Bruno, CMS, Barnes & Hoskins ( all injured ) Plus Spanish Dave not yet back to last seasons form and KLL doing naff all then the squad depth doesn't look so good especially in the attacking third.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Once you exclude Bridcutt, Orlandi, Bruno, CMS, Barnes & Hoskins ( all injured ) Plus Spanish Dave not yet back to last seasons form and KLL doing naff all then the squad depth doesn't look so good especially in the attacking third.

Surely if you take 7 players out of any squad that seriously affects the strength!!!! 4 of those 7 should be back far sooner than later.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Light on strikers but if we continue to play one up every game we might get away with it.
I`d like to think Ulloa will play today then he`ll get 2 week break before Reading.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
the depth is good, be nice if the cream was creamier

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Leo is sold, suspended or injured in the next 6-8 weeks we are screwed.

Depth not quite deep enough for strikers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not bad but not as strong as last season yet for me. Bridge was huuuuuge and Vicente when fit a luxury. Maybe once some of our 7 bloody injuries come back I may think differently...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Only a striker and/or attacking central midfielder missing but, other than that, our squad is good, so I almost agree.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is. Most teams would be close to screwed if they had 75% of their strikers injured!

Most teams don't have just 3 strikers though. We did have as soon as Hoskins had his serious setback, from that point we were one short.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Without Ulloa,we will not score enough goals to finish in the top 6,so squad is seriously inadequate in a vital area!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
CMS sidelined for an extra month.
Hoskins out for the rest of his contract.

What does it take for us to realise that we are seriously lacking up front? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here