Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1991 and Saint and Greavsie bemoan Brighton's ground problems....

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thanks Pepper, enjoyed that especially seeing the Bloom Family. :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't understand your point.

That video has been posted on NSC several times.

Please explain

Does it matter? Lots of people won't have seen it before.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't understand your point.

That video has been posted on NSC several times.

Please explain

What an odd reply. Thanks to the op for posting. Average gates of 8000 and here we are worrying about gates of 25, 000. If only they knew then what the next 20 years would have in store.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice to see Uncle Ray, such a pleasant chap to talk to when travelling to away games.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
it only takes 6 seconds to show some f ucker on a unicycle along the front. hey ho.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I remember that game against Port Vale, we could have gone 4th had we won (top 3 went up automatically that year) but didn't really show up on the night.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's unusual from you, normally you'd be yelling "fixtures" or some other such bullshit.

You are one sad man. How about you comment on the Albion for a change?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Cheers for the link, that was the reality of it. The club knew the Goldstone days were numbered and it would have never got past 1997 regardless of who owned it.

A lot of blame has to also be equally directed at the council and we should have been allowed to acquire the first choice site at Mill Road for a smooth transition. It was good to see the West Pier used as an analogy for what is wrong with the town then and now.

The Old Hove Town Hall was burnt down by the council FAIL, saving the West Pier FAIL, Black Rock ice rink FAIL, King Alfred Gehry scheme FAIL, i360 now FAILED.

The real shame about the Goldstone was that the site wasn’t even owned by the club, they were just provided with use the land by the local farmer.

It wasn’t Archer’s to sell but the council made it easy for him to profit from it. I think the site went for £9m and was sold again a few months later for £18m. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on this.

The council then scandalously, to rub salt into the wounds, refused permission to play at Withdean and were happy to see us play in Gillingham for 3 years.

If the council had half the ambition and aspirations of the Regency and Victorian eras the city would be a far better place today, and the West Pier is an insult to the people who built it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here