Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa tells Albion: Aim high [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ulloa tells Albion: Aim high[/h]9:00am Thursday 29th August 2013 in Sport By Brian Owen
2605984.jpg
Leo Ulloa
Leo Ulloa has targeted another soaring performance at The Amex – with the help of his Albion team mates.
The Seagulls striker reckons service coming from his colleagues has been key to his three goals from four games so far.
He will ask them to aim high again when Millwall visit on Saturday.
Ulloa rose to head a majestic goal against Burnley last Saturday.
He said: “I’ve told the players who play on the wing that, when they get to the byline, I prefer that type of delivery – hanging in the air. People talk about crosses being whipped in with pace. That’s not what I prefer.
“Will Buckley is always getting away down the wing and I’ve told him I prefer balls hung up in the air more than driven across.
“I can come in from a distance and attack balls like that strongly.”
Ulloa insists he is untroubled by the pressure of being Albion’s only fit striker in recent games.
But he reckons the Seagulls are starting to get the best of Buckley again as a creator of chances.
The Argentinean added: “Bucks is a very quick player and very skilful.
“He is comfortable when he gets the ball in space and we need to work him into those positions.
“That is something we have spoken about in training.”
Ulloa and his fellow Albion high flyers will be made aware that Millwall were beaten by two headers from corners as they bowed out of the Capital One Cup at Nottingham Forest last night.
The Lions made several team changes and took the tie to extra-time before going down 2-1.
Boss Steve Lomas admitted: “Our Achilles heel is that we’re conceding poor goals. Set plays are a massive part of the game and we have to get meaner with them.”
Meanwhile Burnley manager Sean Dyche is likely to comment today on his reported interest in Ulloa’s fellow striker Ashley Barnes.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here