Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes still doubtful as Burnley are linked with Albion striker [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Barnes still doubtful as Burnley are linked with Albion striker[/h]9:57am Thursday 29th August 2013 in Sport By Andy Naylor
2561485.jpg
Ashley Barnes
* Ashley Barnes remains doubtful for Albion's clash with Millwall at The Amex on Saturday.

* The striker missed last Saturday's 2-0 home win against Burnley with a hip injury sustained after coming off the bench in the previous game at Birmingham.

* Head coach Oscar Garcia told The Argus: "At the moment he's not training with the group. For Saturday I don't know. It depends how he feels."

* Barnes, out of contract at the end of the season, is being linked with a move to Burnley.
* Burnley boss Sean Dyche said today: "We're working on a couple of things but we've not had a break yet.

* "We're going very strong on a couple, as strong as we can financially, to try and get them over the line.

* "I've forgotten how many names have been thrown at me now, but we're keeping our cards close to our chest – I don't like talking about other clubs' players, we'll just wait and see what develops.

* "The fact is we can't just throw money about to make things happen, we have to do things as quietly as we can and inch towards things.

* "The players we are pushing for, other clubs are interested in, and clubs can make use of our situation to tout players around and try and get more money.

* "It makes it difficult for us, but we'll keep pushing to get the deals at the level we want."

* Meanwhile, Andrea Orlandi has suffered a setback in his bid to return from a knee injury sustained in Albion's opening day defeat at Leeds.

* The Spanish midfielder trained on Tuesday but could not complete yesterday's session.

* Oscar said: "He felt a little pain in the knee."

* Keith Andrews is on course to return from a minor hamstring injury which sidelined him from the Burnley victory.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here