Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall special train

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Far from over the top.

Sussex Police haven't requested pubs around the station should be home fans only.

It doesn't suggest that they are going to be kettled on to a train, other than supplying them a quick getaway.

Seems like sensible policing to me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whats wrong with that? telling people theres a direct train home at 17:30 and sensible advice about pubs.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Theres been a special train for them the last 2 seasons.....although its 12 coaches long and you could probably fit the amount of people on board into just 2 of those. Would be better off using the same coaches on services between Lewes and Brighton.

Its much quicker to just go via Lewes or Brighton anyway, never mind it leaving 40 minutes after FT - they will just get normal services :facepalm:

Looking at the trains, it also seems that a Brighton - Lewes shuttle has been cancelled to allow their half-empty train to run - awful planning.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Who pays for this extra train ?

BHAFC ?
Millwall FC ?
British Transport Police ?
Southern rail ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Isn't any train that Millwall fans get on a 'special' train?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So the Eastbound service will be messed up for hours, just like it was after the Palace games.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The last two seasons, the special Millwall train has left half empty. 17.30 seems a bit late. The only way that timing would work is the Police holding them back and kettling them onto the train. Despite Millwall still having a fair few morons that follow them, its not a practise I agree with. Luckily, our local Police have a few more brain cells than the Met and do try and treat fans with a degree of respect compared to *some* other forces around the country.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The last two seasons, the special Millwall train has left half empty. 17.30 seems a bit late. The only way that timing would work is the Police holding them back and kettling them onto the train. Despite Millwall still having a fair few morons that follow them, its not a practise I agree with. Luckily, our local Police have a few more brain cells than the Met and do try and treat fans with a degree of respect compared to *some* other forces around the country.

You cant force them into an area though to get the train. As I said, most will not bother to wait half an hour and will just get a Brighton train and change there. Waste of resources, maybe the extra 12 coaches that will be carting around fresh air later on could be used every weekend by Brighton fans to ease overcrowding, instead of cancelling usually full-up 6-car Brighton - Lewes shuttles. The Eastbourne train at 17.36 is going to be extremely busy now.....which is great as it often leaves full-up anyway !!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Never heard of Twitlonger before. You learn something new every day, don't you.

I,ve seen it used on here before.......... As in........

Hove Born and Bred has been a Twitlonger on NSC than anyone else.

One of the pleasures of playing Millwall at the New Den has always been the discovery of how well Albion fans and Millwall fans can mix together on the trains. Sure, there's sometimes a bit of ritual abuse from behind a fence, but once fans get into the train together, all is very civilised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here