Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus travel included in price of ticket?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
There seems to be some confusion in whether the bus travel is now included in the seat price, i have spoken to some who are now travelling by local bus services and others who say they have taken the bus at Mill Hill without additional charge,what is the situation?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
There seems to be some confusion in whether the bus travel is now included in the seat price, i have spoken to some who are now travelling by local bus services and others who say they have taken the bus at Mill Hill without additional charge,what is the situation?

I get the 29 from Tunbridge Wells using my Season Ticket.

Travel on the local bus network is "free at the point of use" (or "free", if you prefer) to anyone who shows a match ticket. The same applies to the local rail network and the park & ride buses. If you travel on services arranged by Seagulls Travel (including the special buses from Shoreham, Hangleton and Rottingdean), you have to book in advance and pay an additional fare.

"Local" means within the boundaries that apply - and they are different for trains and buses.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Regular buses & Club P&R buses included within the travel area (I'm pretty certain the travel area doesn't go as far as Tunbridge Wells), Seagulls Travel coaches not included.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Are tickets valid on the 700 within the zone?

Used one last week on the off-chance, and the driver didn't have a clue, and just guessed that it was valid ( I had no idea ).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Used one last week on the off-chance, and the driver didn't have a clue, and just guessed that it was valid ( I had no idea ).

Are they Stagecoach? I think they're included in the scheme.

Yep. They are valid on the 700 within the zone. But some drivers will be based in Portsmouth and may well not have been told.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know its outside the regular zone, but I've had several different drivers and none have queried it.

Is it because Tunbridge Wells to Brighton is valid on a Day Saver ticket and the driver taps it in on his machine as this rather than a football travel voucher ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Is it because Tunbridge Wells to Brighton is valid on a Day Saver ticket and the driver taps it in on his machine as this rather than a football travel voucher ?

Goes in on the machine as a "free pass" which counts as many things. Id assume its just a Brighton driver who doesnt know that its Lewes the scheme starts in.

Might try it when I get the Brighton 12 bus from Eastbourne to Seaford tomorrow, see what they say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here