Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch vs Groves

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Announced for Sat 23rd November in Manchester.

Will be a classic domestic dust up, IMHO the underated Groves could spring a surprise and win.

Eddie Hearn cant lose as he promotes both fighters.........

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Announced for Sat 23rd November in Manchester.

Will be a classic domestic dust up, IMHO the underated Groves could spring a surprise and win.

Eddie Hearn cant lose as he promotes both fighters.........

Eddie Hearns is a poor mans Don King walks in with the champion and whoever wins walks out with the champion, I think Groves will do a number on Froch this time.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Huge ask for Grpves to win but Booth could pull off a master game plan. Still got to be Froch huge favourite.

Agree with this. Booth is a meticulous trainer. He will have studied Froch's former losses and have the blueprint for GG to beat him. However, we've seen George get all macho before when he's been tagged - which if happens with Froch he will get blown out.

For me it's got to be Froch (probably by TKO), but I wouldn't be that surprised if Groves got a narrow points win.

D

Deleted member 18477

Only if he brings a gun into the ring with him, I have an unblemished record of boxing predictions on this board going back to 1989 when Michael Watson KO'D Nigel Benn and Groves will box Frochs ears off him

Groves needs to hope he's ill or injured before the fight. For his safety...

Froch the machine to knock Groves out cold if this fight happens...

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Only if he brings a gun into the ring with him, I have an unblemished record of boxing predictions on this board going back to 1989 when Michael Watson KO'D Nigel Benn and Groves will box Frochs ears off him

I think you are right. This reminds me a bit of the Eubank vs Calzaghe fight. Time for the young pretender to step up.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Eddie Hearns is a poor mans Don King walks in with the champion and whoever wins walks out with the champion, I think Groves will do a number on Froch this time.

I will make a note of this day, Ernest and I agreeing on the outcome of a boxing match.

Degale took Groves too lightly and I think Froch will make exactly the same mistake, I also think after a defeat this will be Froch's last fight.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Didn't Degale get points deducted in his fight with Groves? Froch as everyone in the real boxing world knows is the one of the strongest, fittest boxers out there. Groves will have to overcome one of the best fighters out there so all the best to him.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Didn't Degale get points deducted in his fight with Groves?

No. He should have though. Constant use of the elbow. Last fight Defail punched his opponent square on the bellend.

The punter who's put £8,000 on Groves is less stupid than they seem. 4/1 is a ridiculous price. Froch isn't invincible and Groves has world-class power. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this fight doesn't happen - it took ages to announce the date and venue, and tickets/the first presser aren't scheduled until September 17. Froch is in one of those telly dance toolfests in the meantime, and Groves has a track record of getting injured. Wonder if Eddie/Froch are biding their time to see if a more lucrative (and arguably less dangerous) scrap with Kessler or someone comes up, in which case he might vacate. Booth and Groves would also undoubtedly feel more confident in a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here