Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion buses H and S

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We haven't made it to any games yet this season, but start tomorrow. A couple of questions, please:

1. Have the above services remained the same, and do they still go to/from the Amex using & stopping in Valley Drive, Withdean?

2. This season, do you still simply show your Albion smart season ticket to the driver, to be able to board and use the H & S?

Many thanks.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No to all your questions above.

There is a "new" service via Seagulls Travel for which you have to pre book and pay. You book a seat much like a coach.

You can still travel free with your matchday ticket.

The best route from Valley Drive, Withdean to the Stadium is:-

Bus 27 to North Street, then change to Bus 25 / 28/ 29 to Sussex University.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
You can still travel free with your matchday ticket.

The best route from Valley Drive, Withdean to the Stadium is:-

Bus 27 to North Street, then change to Bus 25 / 28/ 29 to Sussex University.

These options are a complete non-starter compared to what we had with the S and H buses. I shall be back to listening mostly on the radio unfortunately..

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
These options are a complete non-starter compared to what we had with the S and H buses. I shall be back to listening mostly on the radio unfortunately..

Maybe the club could send a car to come and get you?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

If you're incapable of getting yourself across town, it's probably for the best.

And for the OP - walk up to Mill road P&R. It gets full of cars by about 1.30 and then becomes a local service for local people, no queues :wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Blimey, if it's a struggle to make it in from Shoreham, it's a good job you weren't around when we played at Gillingham

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I cannot understand the pathetic attitude of some people who are "unable to get to games as I might have to change buses".

I drive a 320 mile round trip or 7 hours on the train to get to home games!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I cannot understand the pathetic attitude of some people who are "unable to get to games as I might have to change buses".

I drive a 320 mile round trip or 7 hours on the train to get to home games!

'Only' 160 miles for us, but yes, this.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

A non-starter,............from Shoreham?

FFS

Tomorrow I will be faced with a 0.8 mile walk to the nearest bus stop, a bus journey to the nearest railway station (Glynde), and a 5 minute wait for a train direct to Falmer. I'll have to pay the rail fare between Glynde and Lewes.

Will I bother? Of course. It would be easier to travel from Shoreham, or Valley Drive, Brighton. But hey! It's still easier than ever it was getting to Withdean. Or the Goldstone.

Not that those journeys were difficult. The one thing that hasn't changed is that it has ALWAYS been easier to use public transport (even with a few changes) and avoid the hassle of parking a bloody car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here