Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone bracing themselves ahead of Monday nights transfer deadline?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Whilst we are looking at who is coming whose to say we wont lose some key players?

What are your thoughts? Buckley? Liam? Leo?

IMO if the monies good and we can strengthen the overall team similar to Nooney and Bennett deals then I'm all for it!

(there is nothing behind this post I have no info I am just asking what you think)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To lose Leo would be absolute unmitigated disaster for our season and beyond.

Of course I hope we keep Buckley, Bridcutt and Orlandi as well.

If we just keep what we've got, and pick up a striker in the loan window then it's been a pretty good summer transfer window for us as far as I can see.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I was bracing myself with a bit of trepidation and excitement, but after todays Argus article, I feel a little deflated to be honest.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I actually think we are playing hard ball right up until the last minute and the smoke screen created by the argus today is sentiment to this however I still think we may see someone leave which will of course change the whole outlook if its for £3mill +

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
To lose Leo would be absolute unmitigated disaster for our season and beyond.

Of course I hope we keep Buckley, Bridcutt and Orlandi as well.

If we just keep what we've got, and pick up a striker in the loan window then it's been a pretty good summer transfer window for us as far as I can see.

How much would Leo fetch £4.5- £5 mill? Good business if he went but I totally hear what you are saying

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I genuinely believe it is too early for Leo to be going anywhere. He has only had half a season with us, and whilst that was a good half a season, and he's started this one strongly, it is still relatively early days and the fact he's still a relatively new signing for us, with a fresh contract, means he'd be expensive for anyone looking to prise him from us. That means realistically it would only be Premier League clubs looking and after only half a season in this country, having never played at the top level, it would be a big gamble (even if I do think he could make the step up).

Bridcutt is another story. I think he could be destined for greater things, and he has been a consistent performer at this level for two years now so his ability isn't in question. We may have benefited from his being out so far this season however, as he may have dropped off the radar for some clubs whilst he isn't playing.

Buckley would only go for a fee of more than we paid and I don't think his form of late would necessarily justify that to other clubs. He's worth more to us in trying to get him to perform on a more consistent basis.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
How much would Leo fetch £4.5- £5 mill? Good business if he went but I totally hear what you are saying

It wouldn't be good busniess in as much as it would seriously weaken our chances this season

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Possibly. Tidy profit but would be a suicidal footballing decision. Spend 18 months scouting him and sell him 7 months later?

Also, we'd never be able to get a replacement in time.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Possibly. Tidy profit but would be a suicidal footballing decision. Spend 18 months scouting him and sell him 7 months later?

Also, we'd never be able to get a replacement in time.

I think it would open the door to an ex Albion legend!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

If we sold Leo now, I'd seriously think about handing back my season ticket. Such a sale would be an absolute disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here