Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter advice please

As a Twitter novice I will appreciate some words of advice on a couple of things:-

1. Is it possible to block retweets?
  2. Is there a piece of software that lets you run two streams at the same time, one for work and one personal. Similar to my Gmail where I have 4 email addresses all coming in to one inbox.

Thanks.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
You can just click on an account name then in the drop down bit next to the follow button is an option to turn off retweets. However, I too outright blocked Albion Chat

Thanks chaps (or chapesses) - NSC the fount of all information, some of it useful! Once I have got the hang of flying tweetdeck I think it is just what I wanted.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With regard to your second question, I use http://tweetdeck.com/ to manage multiple accounts.

How is Tweetdeck now, in the past I used t, but it kept crashing, and was generally rubbish on Windows, but OK on iPad/Android, not that you need it there. I just tried to download it on your reccomendation, it took forever to download, and then said the file was corrupt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I wonder if whoever is behind that account has some sort of auto retweet thing set up or if they've actually sit there all day long doing it themselves. Either way I wish they'd stop.

There are a number of ways to set up an "Auto" retweeting Twitter account, RoundTeam is one of them, it's not someone actually doing it, it's totally automated.

On the "timeline" column of "Tweetdeck" the "Content" dropdown gives you an "Exclude retweets" option I have just discovered.

You have not been charged for this information.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The blocking retweets advice was the only way I could keep CMS on my twitter feed.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
How is Tweetdeck now, in the past I used t, but it kept crashing, and was generally rubbish on Windows, but OK on iPad/Android, not that you need it there. I just tried to download it on your reccomendation, it took forever to download, and then said the file was corrupt

Hmm, what browser and operating system are you running?

I've seen a bit of an improvement in how it runs since it was bought by Twitter itself. A few of the small bugs that used to be prevalent don't seem to be an issue for me anymore.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What's wrong with the AlbionChat retweets?

I really like it as it helps me to get a feed of all the #bhafc tweets without having to do anything...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here