Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to turn Wild Park into an official travellers site?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Well they seem to be on there more often than not now, move away for a few days then they are back, today more than ever.

As the council seem unable to do anything might as well contain them in one place, not good for the neighbours but they can't use the park most of the time anyway and avoids this farce of moving up the road for a few days and then coming back and must save on costs/cleaning up as well.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Well they seem to be on there more often than not now, move away for a few days then they are back, today more than ever.

As the council seem unable to do anything might as well contain them in one place, not good for the neighbours but they can't use the park most of the time anyway and avoids this farce of moving up the road for a few days and then coming back and must save on costs/cleaning up as well.

The travellers already have a permanent site at Horsdean and they refuse to use it.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What about the Wild Park Travellers Theme Park? Has a certain ring to it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The stupid thing is that the council unlocked the gate to Wild Park as they were worried about health and safety as the travellers were cutting the pavement and whatnot, so now they can't just evict them immediately

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The stupid thing is that the council unlocked the gate to Wild Park as they were worried about health and safety as the travellers were cutting the pavement and whatnot, so now they can't just evict them immediately

They were worried about health and safety as cars were getting access to the park by driving on the pavement. The last time they were there, my kids were cycling on the pavement there (it's a shared space before anyone butts in on that) and saw a car heading straight for them. The council, quite rightly IMO, decided that it was the lesser of two evils to open the gate and give them access rather than have a child hit by a car.

There are some in Surrenden field now. Not quite sure how they gained access as I'm sure the field is closed off from all sides.

Probably the same way they gained access to Fairfield Rec in Burgess Hill, bolt cutters and a grinder for the first gate, then chainsaws for the dividing hedgerow.

All this in the presence of the local plod too and while I understand Trespass is a civil matter I assumed, wrongly, that acts of vandalism and criminal damage were slightly more serious.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, let us get rid of this useless council who cock up everything they touch:angry:

Brighton council is run by the green party isn't it ? well that's not very green :facepalm: allowing them to f--k up our parks ! Or is she still locked up ?

Good to see there are people still dumb enough to think that this is a party political issue.

Every council administration, of every political colour has to go through the same legal rigmarole to force an eviction. The officers working under this administration are working no more or less tenaciously than previous times to make this happen.

Some people have convinced themselves that this isn't the case, but that's their problem.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there was quite a few in sainsburys car park on old shoreham road. how we have escaped this at Amex I am amazed

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
there was quite a few in sainsburys car park on old shoreham road. how we have escaped this at Amex I am amazed

There at 7 last night, gone at 8 this morning. I was thinking of petrol bombing the quad they had with them, hope no one beat me to it.......

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good to see there are people still dumb enough to think that this is a party political issue.

Every council administration, of every political colour has to go through the same legal rigmarole to force an eviction. The officers working under this administration are working no more or less tenaciously than previous times to make this happen.

Some people have convinced themselves that this isn't the case, but that's their problem.

I hate the Green Party but have to agree

People who think it was all rosey under previous dictatorship need to open their eyes, pikeys are a menace to the whole country

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Or is she still locked up ?

No, she is out, and was campaigning hard to stop any involvement in Syria last night. According to her twitter feed she will now be moving on to important topics like badgers.

So to summise, fracking in Balcombe, military action in Syria, badger cull in the west country, all have one thing in common..........when in the headlines Lucas will be as vocal as possible (all in the name of publicity). When will she be as vociferous on real local issues, like travellers maybe?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here