Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Mac Book Pro

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I am currently in the US and considering buying a Mac as it works out a few hundred quid cheaper than to buy one in the UK.

However my predicament is that I leave on the 9th September and apple has its announcement on the 10th where they are expected to announce a new Mac Book Pro.

Do I wait and get the new one/ buy the old one in the UK which will probably become cheaper?

OR

Do I just go and buy their latest version in the USA now?

Will they bump up the price of the new ones that much?!

Decisions decisions

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Whatever, still a quality machine :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Works out about £150 cheaper in the US, but it depends if its worth it to you to have a better/newer machine or to save £150? Don't forget if you know/are a student you can save around that much on a mac by getting student discount.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't forget whatever the price is you need to take into account sales tax which is not added till you get to the till and pay.

NB check where you are locally as they have non-tax days normally advertised pretty heavily.

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
A handy guide to when you should buy and when you should wait can be found here:

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Whilst there is no real need to go for the very latest and greatest every time, it is obviously very frustrating if you do shell out only to find that one month later a new model has come out that has wiped off a big chunk of the cost of whatever you just bought which is now an outdated model.

Only the Macbook Air has had a recent refresh so the rest of the Macbook family is probably due an announcement soon. To avoid disappointment you'd be better off waiting. Although that's not to say that buying a nice new Macbook now wouldn't be an excellent choice and a wonderful machine.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I bought a new MacBook Air (13"/256gb) in the Apple Store in West Palm Beach only yesterday afternoon as it happens.

Cost me around £850 instead of £1129 here.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I bought a new MacBook Air (13"/256gb) in the Apple Store in West Palm Beach only yesterday afternoon as it happens.

Cost me around £850 instead of £1129 here.

As much of an Apple fan as I am, I do worry about the expensive price tag that limits the MacBook to only Apple approved products...also pricey...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I get very damp about any Apple release !! :p

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
I have a 2011 MBP and it is still just as good as the day I bought it.
Go for it if it is a bargain, you wont regret it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here