Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wentworth

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
New prison drama started last night on channel 5, did anyone catch it? What were your thoughts?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, it is. It's a re-imagining of sorts, some of the same character names are being used, but it's not a continuation of the Cell Block H.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If it was anywhere near as good as PCBH then its worth a watch !!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It's on Channel five, so I'll assume it was terrible.

Then you assume wrong. It was a bloody good take on the original PCBH, same characters, but bought up to date. Some of the characters are slightly different, Vinegar Tits for example, but it doesn't take much away from the show. already got a second series planned and being well received over here.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I was a big fan of PCBH, so was interesed in watching Wentworth. I really enjoyed it and will make a point of viewing it every week. The character names are the same although not quite the ol boilers they used to have. I never thought the day would come when I fancied Queen Bea Smith.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Certainly worth a watch, not got the clever plot of prison break but a huge amount of action and a decent story looks like it will unveil

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Enjoyed the first episode, confusing at the start where character names from the original were used but given to characters with different characteristics - Lizzie was a drunken pensioner in the original for example. Works well as a stand alone so you dont need to have watched the originalto enjoy the new series

albionite

May 20, 2009
Didn't notice Joan "The Freak" Ferguson wonder if she will be added later or was I not paying attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here