Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-Cash showing online but not at the Amex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've just remembered that last week against Burnley i tried to pay for a pie and pint on e-cash and it told me there was only £2 odd on my card. I thought i had put £50 on the week before and when i just checked online it's showing £52.

Anyone had anything similar ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
leave your card on the reader for 15 seconds to update

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
leave your card on the reader for 15 seconds to update

Thanks. I'll give it a try (although probably not at half time at the front of the queue in the north stand concourse) :thumbsup:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Yes.

Stuck £15 on my card last Saturday Morning as I had about £4.80 or something on there. Still showed £4.80 on the card when I attempted to pay - Despite leaving the card on the reader for about a minute, which should have topped the card up. Usually takes a few seconds. Trying to buy a Harveys and a pie turned into a sage which I can't be arsed to repeat again. Needless to say, I had a pint and pie on the house, courtesy of Sodexo or whatever they call themselves. The Girl had no idea what to do and just wandered off!

Checked a couple of days ago and the card is still showing £19.80.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Yes. I had exactly the same problem at the Burnley game. I had to go to the ticket office and they manually updated my smart card. Best to check at the ticket office before entering the stadium.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yes. I had exactly the same problem at the Burnley game. I had to go to the ticket office and they manually updated my smart card. Best to check at the ticket office before entering the stadium.

Had the same problem and was told to do the same. Will pop into the office before the game Saturday.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It was a nightmare last Saturday. System problems drove me mad all morning. Ended up paying cash for stuff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had the same problem and was told to do the same. Will pop into the office before the game Saturday.

If 15,000 people need to pop in to get the right balance onto their cards, it'll be fun.

On a related subject, I've just checked my balance, and see that it is unchanged from the £30 I loaded pre-season, meaning that putting my seats up for the official ticket exchange for the first two matches was an absolute waste of time. I wish I'd just given them away now.

Arthur Scrace

Jul 21, 2009
Yes, same thing happened to me. I contacted Paul Barber who said they'd had some updating problems but will be OK for Saturday.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just put a wedge on today ready for Saturday, by the time I get to the front of the q I will not be in the mood for "I'm sorry sir but you don't appear to have any money in your account"!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had same issue at Villareal game, bloke just said there was no money on the card and there is £20.

Will try and get it sorted by putting it on a reader Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here