Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we sell Ashley Barnes to Burnley for 500k

Shoule we sell Barnes to Burnley for 500k?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm intrigued to know just how many NSCers would take this. I like to think it's less than 25% of the noisy mouthy buggers :smile: Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Other.

500K seems light, but if it gives enough to up our finances to land the striker we want then it's a good deal.

Also, if he has refused a new contract, and we don't sell him this window, we'll be getting less than 500K in January.

I voted No as per the question in the poll.

If However they were to offer 1 Million then bite their arms off, but that isn't what the question was.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If he won't sign a new contract... Yes.

Even £500k is too much to lose under new FFP guidelines and with us hovering around the £8m loss mark.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
For me, it depends on the replacement(s)...

£500k does seems a little low on the face of it. More like £1m if he had a bit longer on his contract (and fewer issues with his temperament).

That aside, if there are one or two decent replacements lined up and £500k coming in now helps that along, then why not?

I'm pretty sure that those concerned aren't stupid enough to leave the squad that short on strikers, for the sake of getting £500k in...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
suggested fee doesnt reflect his value, only the length of contract. is he worth 1m? 1.5m? 2? no idea, but we'd be daft to sell him at all this late in the window. given his ability to score (if played up front) his engine and alround workrate we'd need to replace with two players and cant see get that with 3 days to go.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How many other clubs would sell a Championship player who scores at least ten goals a season, regardless of where on the pitch he plays?

My answer is no, by the way.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Can he walk away for nothing at the end of his contract as he is under 24?

Not if we've offered him a contract of greater or equal terms to his current one, no. I'm sure he would end up leaving in these circumstances, but we would be entitled to compensation from whichever club he joined.

I_am_JOSH

Nov 30, 2012
Sussex Uni
Only if he has refused a new deal, we can't afford to have him walking away for nothing. But realistically I don't see why we would be able to get a better striker for less than 2mill,.. we all know the trouble we had getting Leo in. Are any of the DS ready to step up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here