Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Baxter

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23881256

Young, attacking midfielder that is renowned for being a talent. Would BHAFC be interested? Would he be affordable and interested in moving down here? From what I've seen of him on the tele he looks a great prospect, I'd be delighted if we signed him

He sounds a bit Spanish too :thumbsup:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I like him. I think it's great that he turned down a new contract with Everton, to find a new club where he would have more first team opportunities. Many players these days would happily sit in the reserves and not play much.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is the one the Nigels went mad about when Dougle didn't sign him. The chairman had a stand up row on the internet cos a fan dared to relay what Baxter's father had told him re palace not offering a contract (standard CPFC2010 stuff)...

Went to see Lewes v Palace last season pre season and he was best player on pitch. Suprised no Champs club's taken a punt - looked good for Oldham in FA Cup game(s) on TV too i think...

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
This is the one the Nigels went mad about when Dougle didn't sign him. The chairman had a stand up row on the internet cos a fan dared to relay what Baxter's father had told him re palace not offering a contract (standard CPFC2010 stuff)...

Went to see Lewes v Palace last season pre season and he was best player on pitch. Suprised no Champs club's taken a punt - looked good for Oldham in FA Cup game(s) on TV too i think...

Indeed, surely a few Champ clubs have been interested? Really don't get why he'd move to Sheffield, unless staying 'oop norf' is a value for him..

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wasn't he allegedly involved with drugs? I think he chose to leave Liverpool otherwise he might well end up down a slippery path.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is he really all that?

He'd have been a big fish in a tiny pond at Oldham. It'll be interesting to see if he does anything at Sheff Utd. I hope he does, mind you. I've always preferred United to Wednesday so it would be nice to see them swap divisions again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given our recent track record of signing older players we are more likely to sign Biddy Baxter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here