Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes or Vaz Te?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
With Vaz Te handing in a transfer request and all the rumours circulating about Barnes being off to Burnley, who would you rather have? I think the answer is pretty obvious and with not much difference in price. I'd be very happy for Barnes to go seeing if we got someone of the calibre of Vaz Te.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With Vaz Te handing in a transfer request and all the rumours circulating about Barnes being off to Burnley, who would you rather have? I think the answer is pretty obvious and with not much difference in price. I'd be very happy for Barnes to go seeing if we got someone of the calibre of Vaz Te.

Not much difference in price? Are you mental?

He'd cost way more, and would expect to be paid way more. WAY more.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Vaz Te worth considerably more and wages would be a prob. He'd go to one of the parachute clubs I'd imagine

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Are you really comparing Barnes with Vaz Te?, Vaz Te is a 20 goal a season striker at championship level.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Hard one, only seen Vaz Te a couple of times and he has looked good. Mainly what I know about him is other peoples opinion.

Barnes isn't my favourite player but I do see he has potential, would we regret losing him in a couple of years time?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Vaz Te is totally unrealistic in my opinion, he'll surely be on more than our highest earner. I reckon he'll be off to QPR.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Not much difference in price? Are you mental?

He'd cost way more, and would expect to be paid way more. WAY more.

When he was at Barnsley he would have been on lesser wages than he would be here and admittedly while he may not want a big pay cut, we could offer something up front possibly and the transfer fee he went for originally was around the £2m mark and with interest from fairly big clubs over barnes the transfer fee may not be that different, with Dyche saying they were going to spend big to get targets.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When he was at Barnsley he would have been on lesser wages than he would be here.

How is what he was on a couple of years ago at his previous club, even remotely relevant? He is at West Ham. On Premiership wages. He's not going to settle for anything less, to come to us, just because he likes the seaside.

the transfer fee he went for originally was around the £2m mark and with interest from fairly big clubs over barnes the transfer fee may not be that different, with Dyche saying they were going to spend big to get targets.

Burnley are not going to offer us £2m for Ashley Barnes. The rumoured offer is a quarter of that.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As Vaz Te has said he wants to leave because he doesn't want to be on the bench or play on the wing why would he join us to that at a lower level for probably less play?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
How is what he was on a couple of years ago at his previous club, even remotely relevant? He is at West Ham. On Premiership wages. He's not going to settle for anything less, to come to us, just because he likes the seaside.

Burnley are not going to offer us £2m for Ashley Barnes. The rumoured offer is a quarter of that.

Okay maybe I'm being wishful with Barnes' value but still, a club that could be pushing for promotion and to be a main player here has go to be attractive regardless of money. Do you think that's everything people think about? Sure at QPR or Reading he could get more but would he be playing all the time?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Instead of Ulloa?

He could play just behind him or we could have 2 upfront. Isn't that what everyone is hoping for when cms is fit? Would be nice to have the option of 3 players upfront we all want in the team.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would be very happy with

Ulloa
Vaz Te
CMS

as our strikers.

We can assess whether Hoskins needs replacing in January.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Similar story to mine.

I have a Mini, I looked at an Aston Martin today and I though.. hmmm. Which would I prefer? I thought the answer was pretty obvious with not much difference in price!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Similar story to mine.

I have a Mini, I looked at an Aston Martin today and I though.. hmmm. Which would I prefer? I thought the answer was pretty obvious with not much difference in price!

It's exactly the same Tom. All you need to do is get someone to buy the Mini off you, for the price of the Aston Martin. Sorted.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Similar story to mine.

Harsh analogy. You'd be better comparing an Audi to a Beemer.

Regardless, I'd take Barnes every day.

Seriously.

Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here