Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teaching jobs were so much easier to get in the old days.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Circa 1993.

viztecahersads.jpg

Last edited:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
That is brilliant. I had 3 teachers when I was at school who would be successful applicants for a position from that page.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I have a feeling they may not be real jobs from c. 1993. After close examination I have noticed that the Inner london Education Authority (ILEA) is advertising and we all know this was abolished after an amendment by Heseltine and Tebbit under The Education Reform Act in 1990.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And no mention in any of the ads of the generous holiday scheme.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Sadistic PE teacher - Mr Caines (did he really play for Bristol Rovers?)
Psychotic Maths master - Mr Brown (calmed down when he married Miss Smith)
Large breasted female English teacher - Miss Davis (we'll probably never know whether she did shag that 5th year lad)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was taught in Worthing in the mid 1960's by the Psychotic maths teacher that Grimsby are looking for.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Sadistic PE teacher - Mr Caines (did he really play for Bristol Rovers?)
Psychotic Maths master - Mr Brown (calmed down when he married Miss Smith)
Large breasted female English teacher - Miss Davis (we'll probably never know whether she did shag that 5th year lad)

Someone went to Warden Park! There was a worse Maths teacher when I was there, but his name escapes me. Mr Caines was alright and yes he did play for Brizzle. Dunno re Miss Davis but I very much doubt it, as per the ad!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Someone went to Warden Park! There was a worse Maths teacher when I was there, but his name escapes me. Mr Caines was alright and yes he did play for Brizzle. Dunno re Miss Davis but I very much doubt it, as per the ad!

Spot on, I was there 1976 to 1981.

Was the other maths teacher Mr Munnery?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is quite brilliant...we had an re teacher just like that.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Pretty sure the other maths teacher was Mr Lowe. Mr Munnery taught maths but he was OK. And I thought Miss Davies taught history, not English.

MR LOWE!! Christ on a bike I 'd completely forgotten about him, he absolutely terrified me and he was a psycho. If you didn't draw a margin two squares wide on each page of your exercise book he'd go off on one big time

............yes Mr Munnery was an OK bloke and Miss Davies was a History teacher (double history last thing Thursday in the third year) but I was using a certain amount of artistic licence at the expense of accuracy to fit in with the Viz ad.

Lurcio

Nov 10, 2009
MR LOWE!! Christ on a bike I 'd completely forgotten about him, he absolutely terrified me and he was a psycho. If you didn't draw a margin two squares wide on each page of your exercise book he'd go off on one big time

............yes Mr Munnery was an OK bloke and Miss Davies was a History teacher (double history last thing Thursday in the third year) but I was using a certain amount of artistic licence at the expense of accuracy to fit in with the Viz ad.

I agree Miss Davies fitted the English teacher description from the Viz add in all other respects. I was there from 76-81 so obviously we were in the same year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here