Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs juddery on Itunes, CD plays fine in CD player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone know what is causing this? CD plays fine in the CD player but the tracks judder slightly when loaded into ITunes; sounds like the CD is scratched but obviously it is not as it is a file playing. I have upgraded to the latest software, re-imported the CD a few times but still the same. I have MacBook Air so am running the Mac version of iTunes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Let me ask an apple genius.

I'll let you know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Answer: have you tried any other cd's recently or is it just this one? Or do they all jump?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Answer: have you tried any other cd's recently or is it just this one? Or do they all jump?

I have listened to other CDs today which have been in iTunes for some time and all seem to play fine. I bought the new Ty Segall album, loaded it last night, and noticed the issue on play back today. Re-loaded it and same issue. Seems it is just this one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mmmmm..can you try and burn / copy the cd on to another cd and them try and upload again...also try and load to windows media and see if that has the same effect...if it does then there is an issue with the cd...if not let me know and I will see if they have anything for you on the apple technet

My daughter works for apple corporate and her boyfriend one of the genius's

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
How very odd. The same thing has been happening recently to me. Listening to random tunes on my pc on i tunes, songs tend to jump and skip like a dirty cd. And most of these are downloads - I'd be very interested to hear of any solution/cause.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mmmmm..can you try and burn / copy the cd on to another cd and them try and upload again...also try and load to windows media and see if that has the same effect...if it does then there is an issue with the cd...if not let me know and I will see if they have anything for you on the apple technet

My daughter works for apple corporate and her boyfriend one of the genius's

Cheers. I wil try this tomorrow. Many thanks and I will give you a shout if need be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just loaded the same CD onto the Frau's MacBook Pro and it plays fine. So it seems the CD is fine.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have you tried ripping it at a lower or different bitrate? Or setting the VBR to FBR?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here