Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jetwasher issues

After a day working in front of the PC (ok so I did do a few posts here but didn't take a lunch break) what better way to spend a late afternoon in the sunshine and fresh air jetting the crud of the concrete path and driveway using my nice new straight from the box Kircher jet-washer?

I am sure you can think of hundreds but that's not important right now as I need help with a problem. However hard I try and shove the hose from the tap on to the fitting on the device it soon pops of again with the pressure of the water from the tap. Hose is correct size according to instruction book but try as I might I can't make it stay.

Have tried turning it off, then back on again, swearing at it and I may resort to hitting it with a branch and shouting. None of these will probably help, so over to you o wise ones of NSC.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
After a day working in front of the PC (ok so I did do a few posts here but didn't take a lunch break) what better way to spend a late afternoon in the sunshine and fresh air jetting the crud of the concrete path and driveway using my nice new straight from the box Kircher jet-washer?

I am sure you can think of hundreds but that's not important right now as I need help with a problem. However hard I try and shove the hose from the tap on to the fitting on the device it soon pops of again with the pressure of the water from the tap. Hose is correct size according to instruction book but try as I might I can't make it stay.

Have tried turning it off, then back on again, swearing at it and I may resort to hitting it with a branch and shouting. None of these will probably help, so over to you o wise ones of NSC.

Mine did the same and had to use a jubilee clip to hold the hose to the jet washer

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton

You will always need to secure the water hose with a jubilee clip to prevent it popping off. Also when you fire up the washer hold the trigger on to take the pressure off the pump as it kicks into life.

Sorted out the hose issue, now the b****y thing keeps cutting out every 2 minutes. Have checked everything (hoses not kinked, extension lead unwound, etc) but it still keeps doing it. Any ideas?

This will soon go on to my "can't be a*sed, get someone to do it" list of jobs.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Sorted out the hose issue, now the b****y thing keeps cutting out every 2 minutes. Have checked everything (hoses not kinked, extension lead unwound, etc) but it still keeps doing it. Any ideas?

This will soon go on to my "can't be a*sed, get someone to do it" list of jobs.

Cutting out is usually a sign of low water pressure. Check the following;

-Kinks in lance hose or water feed hose
-Are you running a very long water feed for the hose (you can get pressure drops at longer runs of 75ft+)
-Is the water pressure low? Is there a washing machine on when you are trying to use the washer?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
... or get a tap with a screw fitting and an adapter for the hose.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Apologies for the bounce of a fairly boring thread that, to be honest, isn't going to improve with this post:

Does anyone on NSC know of a place that will service petrol pressure washers? Google isn't helping.

cheers

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Ours did the same - fortunately the connector on the Karcher unscrews and is the same thread as the Gardena couplings.

I bought a metal male Gardena screw on connector and have not had any problems since despite being in a very high water pressure area.

EDIT - just realised how old this thread is :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here