Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This week's 1901 meal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, you can either have some slices of beef and chips for £12, or pub (and Costa Del Sol) classic lasagne and chips for £14. The non-veggie lasagne eaters amongst you* also get the rather bizarre addition of some jasmine steamed rice. This is also rather bizarrely titled as a buffet.

Match Special
Salt cured beef, Hand carved slices of salt cured beef served with rustic chips & baby leaves
Beef lasagne served with rustic chips, garlic bread & baby leaves, steamed jasmine rice
Vegetarian mediterranean vegetable lasagne served with rustic chips, garlic bread & baby leaves

* and mug enough to pay £14.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OK, what the f**k are rustic chips ?? I know what a rustic property is, and I'd even consider you could have a rustic person but rustic chips ? I guess they mean chunky chips !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OK, what the f**k are rustic chips ?? I know what a rustic property is, and I'd even consider you could have a rustic person but rustic chips ? I guess they mean chunky chips !
Chips made from potatoes that haven't had money wasted on them by employing a peeler.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Rustic just means it was prepared by this guy . . . .
jesse.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Whatever Brake Brothers have on the truck that are going cheap I should imagine

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Lasagne with chips and rice????????????

Salt beef without rye bread or at least a bagel???????

Is there anyone there that knows anything about food?

Doesn't look like it.

Town it is then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I put rustic chips into Google and the first thing that came up was McCain's oven rustic chips. I think your question is now answered.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Lasagne and rice? Sounds like an all inclusive holiday Buffet where you pile everything on your plate at once, for the novelty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You'd have to be ****ing mental to pay 14 pounds for that, get a decent pub meal in town.

Come on man, there's enough stodge in the lasagne, chips and rice combo to keep a man going for a good few days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Following valuable feedback we are trialling different buffet options over the course of the next few matches. This week we have altered the buffet menu and will be offering members lasagne with garlic bread and salad or carved salt beef, with rustic chips."

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
"Following valuable feedback we are trialling different buffet options over the course of the next few matches. This week we have altered the buffet menu and will be offering members lasagne with garlic bread and salad or carved salt beef, with rustic chips."

Valuable feedback? Are you charged for that too?

Would be nice if they responded to the "valuable feedback" on transport. Saying that they prob have in the same way as rustic chips for catering

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Outrageously there is an average looking meal for 70 plus VAT per person ( from memory it was 70 plus VAT) it was an outrageously high price for average food anyway.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lasagne with chips and rice????????????

Salt beef without rye bread or at least a bagel???????

Is there anyone there that knows anything about food?

Doesn't look like it.

Town it is then.

It's taken you this long to work it out? If you want to be nearer the ground, try the Swan, they do a great combination, quality food, decent beer, sensible prices.

I put rustic chips into Google and the first thing that came up was McCain's oven rustic chips. I think your question is now answered.

If only they were the quality of something McCain's would make.

Lasagne and rice? Sounds like an all inclusive holiday Buffet where you pile everything on your plate at once, for the novelty.

Except you can't pile it on your plate, it's a dollop of Lasgange, or a slice of Beef, or chunck Veggie, and only one portion of either chips, rice or pasta.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's taken you this long to work it out? If you want to be nearer the ground, try the Swan, they do a great combination, quality food, decent beer, sensible prices.

If only they were the quality of something McCain's would make.

Except you can't pile it on your plate, it's a dollop of Lasgange, or a slice of Beef, or chunck Veggie, and only one portion of either chips, rice or pasta.

The Swan is fantastic, the club must never be allowed to buy it up.

Only by decent competition will things slowly change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here