Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth Sign £2.5m Striker (Merged Thread)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
bid 2.5mil for mexican striker from malmo???

Last edited by a moderator:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They've done more than just bid - they just need to wait for work permit/international clearance, don't they?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Striker is the least of their problems? Haven't they shipped 6 in one game and 5 in another already this season ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Striker is the least of their problems? Haven't they shipped 6 in one game and 5 in another already this season ?

I think they're taking the 'Peterborough' philosophy to surviving in the league.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
afcb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokelo_Rantie

"Tokelo Anthony Rantie (born 8 September 1990) is a South African footballer who currently plays for English Premier League side in waiting AFC Bournemouth and the South Africa national team."

Oh my god!! Wikipedia says its true, it simply has to be!

Anybody can edit a Wikipedia page, it means nothing. Almost as bad as looking at football rumours page.

FFP seems only to apply to us, a tinpot team playing to gates of a few thousand can afford £2million strikers ?

The last annual return to CH from afc Bournemouth (2011/12) shows an annual loss of £3.4M; as we all know BHA Holdings posted a loss of £9.1M over the same period and a similar loss is anticipated in 2012/13 according to Paul Barber.
FL Championship FFP rules for 2013/14 permit a total loss of £8M/pa max of which £5M max can be "covered" by the issue of new equity/shares and £3M max as accumulated losses. Assuming afcb are in a similar financial position now to 2011/12 then, with wealthy owners, it's not difficult to surmise where they might get £2M from eh?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How much have they spent on their other signings?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Oh my god!! Wikipedia says its true, it simply has to be!

Anybody can edit a Wikipedia page, it means nothing. Almost as bad as looking at football rumours page.

..? I'm not decrepit, I'm fully aware of Wikipedia and how it works... I was laughing at the text that I highlighted in italics and bold...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
why not?
we did it last year (and the year before)

like many cluns they are ignoring/bending FFP rules and doubtless there will be effectively no repercussions for any of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here