Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall...Panorama 1977

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Hilarious in places. Came across as a complete parody, even down to the tone of the commentator's (Ludovic Kennedy?) voice!

Would be fascinating to do a follow up now on some of those characters.

You're not scary any more...!

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
We used to tape all these hoolie docs when we were teenagers & watch them over & over until we'd learnt whole scenes verbatim.
There was the 657 one with Docker Hughes, the ICF one.
The classic line from the Millwall one was "all we go for, right, is a good game of football, a good punch up & a good piss up. And that's all about Millwall."

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Hilarious in places. Came across as a complete parody, even down to the tone of the commentator's (Ludovic Kennedy?) voice!

Would be fascinating to do a follow up now on some of those characters.

You're not scary any more...!

Harry the Dog was from Crawley.He died a few years ago.

el punal

We played Millwall just after this was broadcast, at the Den, and won 1-0 with a great goal by Wardy. The locals were not happy and I remember seeing Billy, the Millwall fan at the beginning of the programme, after the game chuntering on. Oh happy,happy days!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
The good old days, before all the pinkn shirt wearing wannabes.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I remember watching this as a kid.

http://youtu.be/vKoYjOGOzXQ

Anyone fancies a laugh, go to 17.30 and witness what has to be the campest hooligan in football history.

I remember in either this one or one very much like it at the time some bloke missed his wedding to go to Millwall away ha ha ha :lolol: :facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Bobby the Wolf, Harry the dog, Mad Pat and Winkle..." Poor old Winkle - how come he got stuck with that tag?

What a fascinating documentary - can't decide whether to laugh at them, or feel sorry for them. Different era from what I know, I guess...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here