Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
adam-chicksen-spain-16jul13-ld229-929249_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
13:40 28th August 2013
by Paul Camillin
Nobody wants to get an injury just before the start of the season"
Adam Chicksen
Albion left-back Adam Chicksen says he is now raring to go, and is looking forward to finally getting his Albion career off to a belated start following his summer move from MK Dons.The 21-year-old, who endured a frustrating few weeks after missing the start of the season with an ankle injury, is back to full fitness and has helped Albion's under-21s make a 100% start in their first two matches of the season.
Speaking after Monday's 3-1 win over Ipswich, he told seagulls.co.uk, “The first game I played with the under-21s the ankle was still a bit stiff but now I am feeling fully fit, fully firing, and hopefully I can try get into the manager’s plans. I am going to get my head down and work hard to show I am here to play games.
ward-l229-997746.jpg

“Nobody wants to get an injury just before the start of the season. It happened in the Villarreal game, I twisted my ankle and I was out for a bit. I have had to be patient so that I come back right. If you return to early you are only 50/60 per cent, so I made sure I got the injury right and now I have to work hard to get into the team.”
During the full-back’s convalescence the Seagulls brought in Irish international Stephen Ward, meaning Chicksen now has some strong competition for the left-back berth in Oscar Garcia’s starting line-up.
Chicksen, who was on the bench for Saturday's 2-0 win over Burnley, added, “If you want to get promoted you have to have players that will strengthen the squad and give us healthy competition for places.
“I aim to push Wardy for a place in the team every step of the way but he is also a player I can learn from. I watch him in training and have already started to pick things up from him."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here