Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London to Brighton in 4 min

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One noticeable difference immediately is that everything's in colour now, compared to back then.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As I said to someone last night, on my commute (as I had to stand all the way from London Bridge to Shoreham) ..... In little over 50 years man learnt to fly and made it to the moon - in 25 years of commuting from Shoreham to London, the reliability of the trains is still just as bad as it was when I started.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
The Cure use one of those clips live as a backdrop when they play Jumping Someone Else's Train in a early singles encore.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As I said to someone last night, on my commute (as I had to stand all the way from London Bridge to Shoreham) ..... In little over 50 years man learnt to fly and made it to the moon - in 25 years of commuting from Shoreham to London, the reliability of the trains is still just as bad as it was when I started.

If more and more people weren't using the trains, then it would be much better with less congestion !!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If more and more people weren't using the trains, then it would be much better with less congestion !!

If the service was reliable, they wouldn't be cancelling trains, and I'd get a seat (to be fair, I've not stood all the way for a long time)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If only you could get from London to Brighton in four minutes

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Balcombe hasn't changed in 60 years :clap:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wonder if in another 30 years the technology will be there to get people from London to Brighton in 3 mins, but it won't be implimented for another 30 after that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here