Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT anyone repair Samsung plasma tv

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Hi all , sisters samsung plasma has stopped working It comes on for 10 mins then clicks off and just clicks, looking on web i believe it might be the capacitors . Anyone on here do tv repairs, she lives in lancing .

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
A friend of mine had the same problem. He found a step by step guide on youtube. Sourced the capacitors from maplins & did it himself. Just need to be handy with a soldering iron.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Have you tried turnin...... Oh

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
About a year ago I had the same problem with a TV that was about 5 years old and out of warranty. So I phoned Samsung (try 0330 7267864) and explained the problem - they sent a couple of guys round a couple of days later, they were in and out within 20 mins and TV fixed free of charge. It's a common fault.

No harm in trying unless it's knock-off!

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
They have tried the number and their tv is not on the list so they won't fix it

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Sorry to butt in but I have a 37" flat screen LG tv that needs repairing if anyone can help, please give me a shout. TV makes a really loud crackling noise when it's turned on and then settles down after a minute or two. It is getting steadily worse by the day?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Do I understand - they have rung Samsung and they can't find one of their own TVs in their system ?
Samsung will have a list of affected models, mine wouldn't come out of stand-by, but although admitting on the phone that they new which part the engineer would need, still wanted to charge me £180.
Trip to maplins, and £3 later it's good as new.
That was about 3 years ago, still going strong :smile:

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
yep just wish I had some soldering skills, maybe have a go at replacing the capacitors :cry:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Capacitors hold a charge so will still be discharging even when the tv is turned off.
Get a cheap multi-meter to check the voltage before you start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here