Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to storrington

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Hi fellas moving to storrington in 6 weeks with the family any Albion fans on NSC who drink on storrington and fancy a couple beers in the local pub after home games ....or maybe fancy a beer or 2 at other times so I escape the kids fr an evening without having to drive anywhere......and drink and talk footy

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Upper beeding drink with couple of albionites and the local here all ages good fun wondered if there was the same Albion community in storrington

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Will mention to the Albion fan and mate of mine I car share with for matches, he has literally just moved to Storrington from Shoreham - as in moved 3 weeks ago

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Upper beeding drink with couple of albionites and the local here all ages good fun wondered if there was the same Albion community in storrington

Fair enough. I was wondering how you'd take to the glitz and glamour of the legendary Storrington nightlife, but if you've coped in Upper Beeding, I'd say you'll manage!

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Ha ha ha country boy at heart me......I supplement village life with making a day of it for home games The Queens and Railway b4 and after matches and sometimes venture further into Brighton town....cheers m8 would appreciate a friendly face in storrington

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Fair enough. I was wondering how you'd take to the glitz and glamour of the legendary Storrington nightlife, but if you've coped in Upper Beeding, I'd say you'll manage!

Haha, yes there are a few of us "Out here in the perimeter there are no stars", actually, there are lots of stars. Storrington once had legendary nightlife (the Golden Panda Chinese Restaurant and nightclub closed many moons ago), now you are sadly confined to a couple of (IMO) mediocre pubs. Stray out to Nutbourne and you'll get a live act every week or so at the Rising Sun (often the marvellous Willie Austin), the Queens Head in West Chiltington occasionally has an act playing too (often Willie Austin). For good family Sunday scram, try the Crown at Cootham or the Sportsman at Amberley. And if you like beer with bits in it, the Five Bells in Smock Alley (multiple CAMRA PoY local winner) tends to be the one to go to, I like beer with bits in, so that's where you'll find me.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
What's the curry house like in storrington
Went for a nice dog walk the other week along the path where the old water mill used to be, first time I'd been to storrington seems a nice place

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Went for a nice dog walk the other week along the path where the old water mill used to be, first time I'd been to storrington seems a nice place

It's actually pretty good! Storrington is lovely, particularly as a break from the larger cities - I'm currently busy in London and Nottingham, and so being out in the country gives me a bit of a breather!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

The Cottage Tandoori is very good, it's pricey, eat in is far better that take away. Don't go there on a Sunday or get take away on a Sunday, in my experience it's rubbish on Sunday.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Olie is my bro in law Charlotte is my sister in law grace and Harry my niece and nephew .....small world

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Does anyone else actually raised in Brighton know nothing of other parts of Sussex? Growing up in Brighton for me meant never really leaving there. Haywards Heath a few times and Newhaven and Eastbourne perhaps once. But simply nowhere else.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Does anyone else actually raised in Brighton know nothing of other parts of Sussex? Growing up in Brighton for me meant never really leaving there. Haywards Heath a few times and Newhaven and Eastbourne perhaps once. But simply nowhere else.

You're missing out :)

Steyning - Storrington - Amberley - Arundel are all very nice places. If you're feeling adventurous, you could visit them all walking along the South Downs Way!

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Olie is my bro in law Charlotte is my sister in law grace and Harry my niece and nephew .....small world

Small world, know Charlotte, Grace and Harry as well through the Riser but also through the kids riding (yes, countryside living outside Brighton!). Based in Rackham just outside Storrington so great to have another fellow albion fan in the area for a beer and a footy chat.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spend my first 9 years of my life in Amberley, happy days.

My Dad even wrote a book about it he liked it so much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here