Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Gary Dicker?

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Great passer of the ball.rated highly by GAPD and worthy of another championship club in my humble opinion! Good luck to him anyway,was a good player for us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
now on trial with Gillingham rumoured to be about ro be offered a two year deal (but then agaun the rumour of a contract with Barnsley was equally strong and that didnt happen).

For me his lack of pace and habit of turning in to trouble because he didnt release rhe ball quickly enough is the difference between a very good League 1 player and a Championship starter

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A class above in Div 1, just a bit too slow for a Championship side looking at Play Offs. Would do vey well at Gillingham.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nevertheless he's got to be getting a bit twitchy.

Belt tightening will leave a few on the outside looking in.

Who'd have thought a plenty good enough player for 4th in the Championship would be hawking himself round the country, 3 months later.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Great passer of the ball.rated highly by GAPD and worthy of another championship club in my humble opinion! Good luck to him anyway,was a good player for us.

Never Championship....L1 yes...but a trier with no pace.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Never Championship....L1 yes...but a trier with no pace.

Some people seem to think that to be able to play Championship level, pace is the one thing, if not the only thing a player must have, well it isn't.

He is definitely good enough for a Championship side.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Some people seem to think that to be able to play Championship level, pace is the one thing, if not the only thing a player must have, well it isn't.

He is definitely good enough for a Championship side.

Seconded.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gary Dicker has always frustrated me. Yes a good passer of the ball, but only when players stand off him and he is given the time and space in which to do it. All too often he loses the ball in dangerous areas when being harried and his passes go astray. For a tall player he can't head a ball, and doesn't weigh in with nearly enough goals.

Having said all that, he is a trier, and has been a loyal servant to the Albion over a number of years. Good luck for the future Gary, but your time with the Club had come to the end.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
IMO he would be much better suited playing in a foreign league where the speed of play is slower, giving him time to pick out a pass. Maybe the Spanish Second Division...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gus And Paul Dickov?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I heard a rumour Dicker will be featuring heavily in this years X-Factor. His cat died last christmas, so it all makes perfect sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here