Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Not long to go. How's the pre-season working out for your team?

Pretty excited to see the Eagles under Chip Kelly, but I still think it will be 8-8 season at best.

And, is anybody thinking of setting up a fantasy league this season?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I'm hoping for another run to the playoffs for the Redskins as they've had a good preseason. Hopefully they won't need to depend on RGIII to get them there again, and hes fully fit...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
hoping to see some improvement from the Charger & Dolphins, won't hold my breath though

was excited by Chip Kellys appointment so will be viewing the Eagles games, although it doesn't look like they'll be using the same insanely paced no-huddle, spread-option offense he had going on there from what i've seen in pre-season highlights

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm hoping for another run to the playoffs for the Redskins as they've had a good preseason. Hopefully they won't need to depend on RGIII to get them there again, and hes fully fit...
Apparently the 'Skns third choice QB has been ripping it up in pre-season.

Plus Mr Coach is on record saying 'nothing but the Superbowl this year'. :facepalm:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Had my real life team's, fantasy draft this Sunday and did well..... I think. Some of them didn't really know what were doing and with 20 teams it was very different to normal for me.

Bucs will have a solid season again. Clemson though I'm more interested in to be honest!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Excellent timing with the thread.

Texans should make it 3 AFC South titles in a row, but the Luck-y Colts will also make the post-season.

Was over in Houston about 3 weeks ago and had the chance to visit the Texans training camp with other members of the public.

From about 3 feet away, JJ Watt is an absolute monster. And in homage to the great man, here's a recent box jump of his...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pat white or Rex Grossman?

They already have RG3 and Kirk Cousins, who is absolute quality - wouldn't mind them throwing Cousins in the direction of San Diego tbh
That'll be White then, it sure as hell weren't Grossman.

The theory I like is Jnr Shanahan (sp) finally moves on to be a head coach somewhere, and takes Cousins with him.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I’m waiting to see how hosting the Superbowl in New York (well New Jersey actually, but that upsets New Yorkers) pans out. The long range forecast is for brass monkeys, and it’s been a while since it’s been played in a refrigerator State –last time was Detroit in ’06 – I think they’ll be handing out thermal underwear at the gates. A dream final for NYC would be Jets / Giants – but there’s about zero chance of that happening. Giants have a pretty good record with 2 wins in the last 6 years, but all the while the Jets persist in having that waste of space Rex Ryan in charge they have no chance.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Pat White has been flying with the skins in pre-season.

Their success will depend on the re built secondary and how they can cope, also the O-Line giving RGIII time in the pocket and stop him getting the big hits he got last year.

If they do that and Alfred Morris repeats his form from last season they have to be a play off team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and clearly the Packers will win EVERYTHING.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
How the hell do those of you (like me) in the UK keep up with all this? I presume you all have Sky and preseason info is shown on there but is there something else I'm missing apart from team websites? Find it difficult to keep up with the Redskins nowadays after being a fan since 1983.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
How the hell do those of you (like me) in the UK keep up with all this? I presume you all have Sky and preseason info is shown on there but is there something else I'm missing apart from team websites? Find it difficult to keep up with the Redskins nowadays after being a fan since 1983.

i watch some of the games on sky - if i i miss it, i'll download a copy of it and stay away from the score - if im pushed for time i watch extended highlights on nfl.com

american sports have it nailed in terms of sports broadcasting

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not a 'Skins fan, but I'm a huge Tony Kornheiser fan.

I podcast or listen live to his radio show (back next week), along with the PtI podcast.
One of his friends and 'zoo' presenters as well as Washington sports journo is Kevin Sheehan, who I follow on twitter.
Along with David Aldridge.

So I'm an Albion then Packers fan, who accidentally is kept bang up to date with The 'Skins and Nat'nals.

I have no idea what's going on at PackerNation, other than what I get from PtI.

Oh yes as Willy says when it comes to T'internet sport the US are the bestest.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Steelers are 0-3 in pre season I see. Their division is going to be an absolute dogfight this year, they'll do well to finish 2nd methinks.

I'm doing NFL fantasy league with some mates this year. Anyone do it and care to share some tips? I'm thinking a 1,000 yard rusher & top quarterback are musts in the first 2 rounds...don't draft Darren McFadden....

Jul 7, 2003

Having tried the dodgy internet streams for a while I bit the bullet and subscribed to NFL Game Pass. This year is £99 for a season pass if you book in advance with access to all games excluding those on Sky plus NFL TV, RedZone and other programming.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No doubt my team the Raiders will have another underwhelming season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here